• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 FS in Carson City, NV

cthtii

When Brad emailed me, he wrote of a couple accidents on the 2002, apologized for not getting back to me sooner, spoke of going thru a rough period and said he would send more pics later in the week.

Maybe someone is messing with him or maybe someone is trying to get enough cash to buy it and trying to thwart the sale to anyone else.

72 Tii

I got 2 e-mails from Brad, one had the original bill of sale, the other contained additional pictures. The pictures in the Craig's list ad are 4 years ago when it was running, its been under a tarp ever since. A little rust in the spare tire well and a ding on the drivers door. Complete, but dirty interior. Sheep skin cover on drivers side seat, suspect tears & cracks. Possible crack in dash. Passenger side of car was still covered with tarp, maybe damaged. Repainted in original Polaris. Door cards buckled at front corners. The car is not running, bad engine noises on start, maybe broken rocker arm. Some body trim damage. I asked for vin # and ca plate number, no response. I'm going to ask for more pictures and see what happens. I am worried that I could send money and never see the car.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

I got 2 e-mails from Brad, one had the original bill of sale, the other contained additional pictures. The pictures in the Craig's list ad are 4 years ago when it was running, its been under a tarp ever since. A little rust in the spare tire well and a ding on the drivers door. Complete, but dirty interior. Sheep skin cover on drivers side seat, suspect tears & cracks. Possible crack in dash. Passenger side of car was still covered with tarp, maybe damaged. Repainted in original Polaris. Door cards buckled at front corners. The car is not running, bad engine noises on start, maybe broken rocker arm. Some body trim damage. I asked for vin # and ca plate number, no response. I'm going to ask for more pictures and see what happens. I am worried that I could send money and never see the car.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Email from the owner to me and several others

I’d like to thank you for being patient with me and the sale of my 1974 BMW 2002. I originally tried to sell the car dealing with just 2 people at a time. This has created more problems and frustration than I had anticipated. Therefore, I am making the car available to everyone on a first come first serve, cash on the barrel head bases.

On January 19th between 9am and 11:00am the car will be available to look, touch, and feel. I will be happy to answer any questions. The car’s location is in Carson City at 600 Ivy. I will not discuss or sell to anyone, before that time; so please do not come by or contact us before Saturday.

The car needs engine work. My guess is it needs major engine work; but I never had a chance to open it up and find out exactly the problem. The car does not run and has not run in 4 years. I started it up on morning and it did a “hard” stall. After trying to restart the car I heard a clack sound and quickly turned off the car. I shortly thereafter was laid off and was unable to make the necessary repairs as things have not gotten better, I find myself forced to make the car for sale. As I stated in Craigslist, the car has been owned by my family since it was new.

I look forward to seeing you on the 19th, if you have any questions regarding Saturday, please contact me via email. Again thank you and I look forward to meeting you Saturday.

72 Tii

....... I will not discuss or sell to anyone, before that time; so please do not come by or contact us before Saturday.

......... if you have any questions regarding Saturday, please contact me via email. Again thank you and I look forward to meeting you Saturday.

Sooooo, can we contact him????

I was on this email as well. Let's see, I offered to paypal the funds to him, sight unseen. Now I am expected to drive 8 hours (one way), spend $250 in gas, in hopes to be the first one there at 9am, or perhaps get into a bidding war with someone, only to come home empty handed?

I wonder if the pics he sent are current or from 20 yrs ago. Still don't know the vin or plate number to check to see if the car is non-op or if there are any back registration fees due.

I'm out....someone here is going to get a really nice daily driver (with hopefully a little bit of work)

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

do not come by or contact us before Saturday...please contact me via email.

Sounds like a flaky guy. Who knows what shape he's in.

At least he laid down the "rules" of his sale. Sort of.

Anyone that's used craigslist would know that doing so is better than most. Seems like someone local willing to get there in person is going to have a shot at it.

Not ideal for buyers, but for a seller seems reasonable.

Guest Anonymous

This car is so clean and rust free its crazy no idea as to whats wrong with the engine yet but i will update soon thaks for all being skeptics glad to ad it to my family ps orig owner is jack shepperd from the 1950s pits pirates and came with orig purchase papers

• 3 weeks later...
This car is so clean and rust free its crazy no idea as to whats wrong with the engine yet but i will update soon thaks for all being skeptics glad to ad it to my family ps orig owner is jack shepperd from the 1950s pits pirates and came with orig purchase papers

Well, at least now we have more pics, since you are reselling the car. You will make some good dough on this one.....wish it was mine!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-bmw-2002-sunroof-coupe-stock-one-family-low-mile-rust-free-california-car-/281062282552?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41709e1538

UPDATE: Sold for $4161....not too shabby

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's