• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for the correct weber 32/36

chrisp

Let me throw this at ya: I have both for you -- say $150.00 for both. (there was a guy interested in the carb but have not heard back from him in a while). Email if interested.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,379387/highlight,/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,380846/highlight,/

'69 1600 M42

'13 500 Abarth

Yes, "Blunt" is in fact http://blunttechclassic.com/?page_id=273

While replacing your carb I'd suggest pricing out new rotor, distributor cap, condenser, and points. The four items are probably less than $30 and will improve the running of your car a bunch. And, as Uncle c.d. said, get yourself, at the very least, a Haynes manual for 2002s to guide you thru the adjustments you need.

Bob Napier

Thanks Bob! I was under the impression that the condenser and points would be negated by going the Pertronix route?

I bought this book at a garage sale a while back and just went and dug it up:

BMW2002book_zps29207c54.jpg

I'll start looking through it.

1974 2002 - Automatic

Yes, if you go the Pertronics route you will not need points or condensor, but I'd keep them with you in the trunk in case your Pertronics fails you at some point, which is a not unheard of situation - check the Site Search up to the right for tips.

Bob Napier

I was just on the phone with a guy selling a Weber 32/36 and he told me that there might be clearance issues going from the Solex to the Weber. Being that the Solex is a 32/32 and the Weber is a 32/36, the secondary port should be opened up to allow the butterfly on the secondary of the carb to operate correctly... Can anyone confirm or deny this? From the reading that I've done one this site, it seems like people are just bolting them on and going... Is it a negligible issue or something that needs to be remedied?

1974 2002 - Automatic

I was just on the phone with a guy selling a Weber 32/36 and he told me that there might be clearance issues going from the Solex to the Weber. Being that the Solex is a 32/32 and the Weber is a 32/36, the secondary port should be opened up to allow the butterfly on the secondary of the carb to operate correctly... Can anyone confirm or deny this? From the reading that I've done one this site, it seems like people are just bolting them on and going... Is it a negligible issue or something that needs to be remedied?

It may clear on it's own, but you should use a spacer anyways and with the spacer it will definitely clear. The spacer is made of phenolic resin and will act as an insulator too so that the carb doesn't get too hot.

74 Golf

You can get an adapter for top of the carb, but in some cases you need to carve up the stock air cleaner housing to get it low enough. Or use an after-market "pancake" filter. Again, a good reason to source from somebody who knows 2002s.

That's exactly what I did Hans.

I ordered a rebuilt DGAV from 2002 Haus.

He's throwing in the adapter for the top of the carb and spent a good amount of time talking me through a few things.

So far, I'm stoked on the interaction.

Still need to order the Pertronix but, I'm really looking forward to getting those 2 things on there and getting it back on the road.

1974 2002 - Automatic

I just read back through this thread.

I don't know how I missed the comments by Mattcshark...

He had already answered 2 of my subsequent questions about butterfly clearance and hood clearance issues. My apologies...

Just got done ordering the carb spacer.

Now on to the rest... Cap, rotor, pertronix, plugs...

I'm considering putting in some NGK BP6ES plugs after reading this thread:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,352536/view,next/sid,64fa8e2c4525f202f1cbf3f4ef3c82ef/

Does that sound good to you guys? I read, on af VW forum, that the P in BP stands for "projected tip"... Has anybody had any clearance issues from this?

1974 2002 - Automatic

Also, at the bottom of a thread, Napes says:

"if you're using Bosch bakelite plug connectors they already have the resistance you want and you do NOT want resistor-type plugs in addition"

From what I've read, BP6ES is without the built in resistance and BPR6ES has built in resistance.

How can I tell if I have the "bakelite plug connectors" or not?

Here are some pics of my wires:

DSC_0272_zpscdabb41a.jpg

DSC_0273_zpsd8f90365.jpg

DSC_0275_zps5868d566.jpg

1974 2002 - Automatic