• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about buying this as a parts car - thoughts?

ATLBMW

Drove it tonight, it runs, and seems to run pretty well. I am thinking about buying this '76 as a parts car for my '76. It is rusted, and interior is torn pretty well, but i am in need of a new rear bumper, door brake, possibly a starter, misc parts and pieces and this one is priced at $600 (even though the ad says $900).

Thoughts?

http://montgomery.craigslist.org/cto/3568188602.html

1976 2002

I would pay like 400 for it on this coast....

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

400 hundred, for a complete running car? in 96 maybe, so a whats a roundie in same condition run for in Alabama? I say its a grab, on any coast

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

price is good for running/driving o2

but it's a hard call about turning it into a

parts donor? to someone it could be turned

in to a show winner.

and do you really want to spend the time

installing Really USED parts in your car?

then your car will turn into this car ?

and if you do strip parts off this running

car - then what do you do with an extra car ?

you wont have a $600 car to the next buyer.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

If you have room to store a parts car, they can be handy for odds and sods. But I'd look closely at (a) how much you actually need off the car and (B) whether you want to spend the time pulling parts to sell them on. $600 sounds a bit high if this is a terminal rust car, unless there are some obviously new parts of value. As pointed out, do you want to go to the trouble of pulling an old starter to put on another old starter?

like rear wheel arches and/or inner rockers, looks like some paint and upholstery would turn it into a pretty nice car. Hate to see an 02 in saveable condition be parted...

The bits you need (bumper, starter etc) can easily be bought from folks on the FAQ for a lot less $$$.

BTW, it has E21 320 wheels on it, and what looks like 205/60 tires...may have some aftermarket suspension goodies lurking underneath.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Nice looking car,

But I would just buy or pull parts at your local salvage yard. Get a paypal acct etc, Post your needs on the parts wanted to buy section here, you never know..you may get lucky and find what you need in good shape. How did driveline work out?

Mike,

Thanks for asking about the driveline - Jason at Heritage Motorsports in ATL has it and it should be done this weekend! It is getting a new transmission (I stuck with the 4 speed), as well as a few other things that needed attention.

1976 2002