• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark plug wires

downhillwolf

Hi, im in need to buy new spark plug wires, i have already conected BOSCH but they have so many different types for 02.

I want the ones, that come in tube on the valve head cover, does anyone know from what model are those?

Im looking for an EU engine spec...

To look like this and where to get the tube?

AlpinaA4in1973520i.jpg

Best regards

Blaz

Contact Kingsborne (http://www.kingsbornewires.com/category.sc?categoryId=2)

The site does not show 2002 wire sets with the tube, but if you contact them they can supply the set with one.

Bob Napier

Thanks for info but, shipping in europe is 50$ as much as the wires...

So there is pretty much waste of money. Any other advice?

Best regards

Blaz

the spark plug wires in a plastic loom--not sure if the 74s had 'em, but I'm pretty sure the 75s and 76s did.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Funny - that picture is in my Photobucket album...

Car is a 1973 520i with Alpina A4 upgrade

AlpinaA4in1973520i.jpg

Yeah, sorry mate, i did just find it on google while searching and it has a perfect igintion cables and tube, so i just borrowed, hope you fine with that.

Best regards

Blaz

My '76 has just the metal clips that bolt to the valve cover. No tube. May be correct may not, was serviced at BMW from Day 1 until I bought it.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Contact Kingsborne (http://www.kingsbornewires.com/category.sc?categoryId=2)

The site does not show 2002 wire sets with the tube, but if you contact them they can supply the set with one.

Bob Napier

I have the Kingsborne wire sets with the loom tube on both of my tiis. When I called Kingsborne and asked about it, they said that they use the loom tube from one of their Audi wire sets. They also said that I could purchase just the tube if I wanted it.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

My '76 has just the metal clips that bolt to the valve cover. No tube. May be correct may not, was serviced at BMW from Day 1 until I bought it.

Mine also, VIN 2742541 (April '76), never had a tube (of course, mine is also one of those '76 models that never had a metal VIN tag). It had and has short sections of blue sheathing used to bundle and protect the plug wires. Below are the oldest photos I have of my engine bay, taken in '81, showing my car's original plug wire configuration. Not that sales brochures are dispositive, the '74, '75, and '76 brochures show no tubes. And I, frankly, don't recall seeing tubes on 02s in the '70s.

Steve

post-21048-13667669069236_thumb.jpg

post-21048-136676690714_thumb.jpg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)