• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

timing car with getrag245

caskren

?????? you time it as per normal tranny makes no difference.The flywheel (where the timing marks are located ) is connected to the engine crankshaft, not to the transmission.

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"

Guest Anonymous

I don't think it matters where the window is - if you see the ball when the light flashes, your timing is right (given that you are doing the procedure correctly). Only if you couldn't see the ball would you have to worry that the window was in the wrong place. I bet the ball will appear as always, regardless of the tranny.

Ah, seems to me if the window WERE in a different location, it would make a difference to timing - in the same way moving the peg at the front would change things. I don't have answer as to whether holes are different from 4 speed to 5 speed O/D (but I doubt it). On C/R box, they are the same.

I don't think it matters where the window is - if you see the ball when the light flashes, your timing is right (given that you are doing the procedure correctly). Only if you couldn't see the ball would you have to worry that the window was in the wrong place. I bet the ball will appear as always, regardless of the tranny.

NOT correct. the ball must be in a specific place in the window.

2xM3

yes i was asking if the window is the same because if it were in a different place it would not work. Just wanted to make sure before i went out there with the light and couldnt find the ball and start to pull my hair out.

thanks for the answers guys

If your front timing cover has the peg for timing off the front pulley (or you can retro fit something) its much easier to see the pulley than the flywheel ball. I transposed additional marks (TDC is already there) with white paint using a degree wheel.