• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

32/36 DGAV Choke plates not closing

jtmila02

I believe the AG designates water choke. Loosen the big bolt on the end of the choke mechanism and the three smaller screws around the edge and the choke housing can be rotated to adjust the position of the plates.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

As I recall, one of the vendor sites has instructions on how to adjust choke. With cold engine, depressing the gas pedal 1" or so should release choke linkage so spring shuts choke plates. AS engine warms up, spring unwinds (with water or electric heat help) and plates open to full vertical. So under the hood, move throttle linkage ans see if plates snap closed. Unless someone has been messing with choke housing, hard to imagine how this would get way out of adjustment. However, to adjust, loosen three bolts on housing and turn it so plates are just closed. Make sure linkage is not binding.

What do you mean by sinc-link?

Did you remove the choke housing cover (round "cup" on side of carb)? If so, perhaps you didnt properly engage the choke plate linkage with the spring inside the cup. See if the choke plates have some resistance when you GENTLY move them. ALtho I guess they would just flap shut if they were loose. Also check linkage up to plates.

Or, you need to turn the housing so the plates just close when engine is cold. You should be able to open and close the choke plates by turning the housing back and forth. Try googling Weber 32/36 rebuild - somewhere on Utoob there is a two part video of a rebuild. I'm more familiar with DCOEs.