• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel smell at carb

landon

Looking for help on a strong fuel smell isolated at the carb. It's a 38/38 that I installed a kit in last fall. Replaced all parts in kit (needle valve, gaskets, etc.) and adjusted float. The smell went away for a few weeks afterward but is now back after winter hibernation. Base gaskets look dry and it appears that fuel is pooling in the bottom after shutdown. Has the float level changed to cause this? Too high a setting? Anything else I should be looking for. Thanks for your help.

And thanks to Pierre for the hazard switch repair notes I found in the search. That thing popped on while driving today and I was able to repair it in about 20 minutes.

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

Crud in the fuel after hibernating jamming the seat open?

Worth checking / cleaning. Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver