• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting modification by PO, post yours!

madpaddler

My son and I have been going through the 76 he bought last month and this weekend the bumpers came off. They are in good shape if any one is interested. Anyway, when I took the rear bumper off I noticed the chrome exhaust pipe, see pic. At closer inspection see second pic. Find the funniest things on these old cars

post-9373-13667670937511_thumb.jpg

post-9373-13667670939256_thumb.jpg

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

Hahahah that's a good one. At least Kohler is a respected fixture brand!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

No Kohler fittings on my '02. - - - However, a previous owner had put on a trailer hitch which I removed. I did not realize it had any value, so it was scrapped. Also, a Kool Kat p.o. blacked out most of the trim. It took some time and effort to take it back to a factory look.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Kohler was the tailpipe for the 72 and 73 cars only, obviously not correct for your car. I think Moen is the right one for your year.

Yes, there WAS skin on my knuckles before I started the repair...

Kohler was the tailpipe for the 72 and 73 cars only, obviously not correct for your car. I think Moen is the right one for your year.

Yes, there WAS skin on my knuckles before I started the repair...

I can't find the pictures I had... but the previous owner had at some point replaced the shifter isolation foam ring with a THICK sponge that was probably used to wash the car before it became an isolation ring.... then they drove wood screws through the trans tunnel to hold it in place....

Sponge isn't a bad idea for a TEMPORARY fix, if they had actually put in the time to get one the correct thickness and had actually cut it to the correct shape instead of wedging it in there!

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Hahaha thanks you made my day.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

I can't find the pictures I had... but the previous owner had at some point replaced the shifter isolation foam ring with a THICK sponge that was probably used to wash the car before it became an isolation ring.... then they drove wood screws through the trans tunnel to hold it in place....

Sponge isn't a bad idea for a TEMPORARY fix, if they had actually put in the time to get one the correct thickness and had actually cut it to the correct shape instead of wedging it in there!

sponge not even good for temporary...it is designed to....hold water. great way to ensure rust starts is to hold a wet sponge against metal.

2xM3