• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 tii FS in Santa Barbara Craigslist

Gordon

Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/3715522184.html

Interesting that the original motor was replaced with a factory replacement M10 motor. The original factory plastic intake runners were replaced with 73-74 runners. Pics don't show if the tii has a snorkel or not. Front side marker lights were deleted but back side marker lights were not.

Car is located in North Santa Barbara county. I live nearby but have never seen this tii.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Guest Anonymous

I spoke with the seller and he seems like a very upfront and honest guy. He put a lot of work / $ into the car since he bought it a couple of years ago. The car needs paint. It has a crappy respray from several years ago, but needs to be done properly. So factor at least another $5K minimum to paint. The engine is a later factory replacement engine, not the original 72 tii motor, and the front clip appears to have been replaced at some point. It has the non tii sheetmetal with the snorkle hole that a carburetted car would have had. I can't speak to the quality of the bodywork, but the seller was up front about this. It also needs side window seals.

Without seeing the car in person it's hard to comment accurately about this car's value, but based on what I've been seeing in the market, I'd say maybe $10K. There's alot to like, but the paint, non original engine, possible past front end damage, etc. should give one reason to pause and take a long hard look at this one before laying down the cash. My sense is you're buying from an honest guy and you do have access to the mechanic who did the bulk of the work for verification.

Best of luck to the seller and potential buyer.