• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The lamp-post jumped out in front of me, Officer!

02Les

I have never seen an 02 with a california roof! Was that an option or an aftermarket addition? Does anyone here have one? I have the California roof on my 318ti & it is really cool, but I can't imagine how cool it would be on the 1600!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Probably a Webasto roof; that's the 2nd one I know of on a Turbo and both cars are in the UK.

Webasto was (maybe still is) real popular in the UK and they were added to all sorts of cars. I bought a '74 3.0csi back in early 80s that had one.

The roofs had a tendency, when closed, to balloon up at speed. Can't imagine what the roof would do on a Turbo at 130mph; probably fly off!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yes, although I generally worship at the feet of originality, that Webasto is way cool! I'd make an exception.

The car looks like it's been carefully stored and preserved since "the incident." Well maybe not. This thing is a pretty good buy for £2,150! Oh, wait, you're saying I've mis-placed my decimal? No, it's a pretty good buy for £2,150.

If those front seats are still bolted to the floor, their odd stances suggest a badly buckled floor pan.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

That price is nuts and is it me or the engine bay is chamonix and the rest polaris?

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

That price is nuts and is it me or the engine bay is chamonix and the rest polaris?

It certainly looks white but it might be the lighting: in the views of the car from the rear, the rear deck lid and roof look pretty white as well. But if there has been a color change, I might have to re-think my generous offer of £2,150!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)