• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New close ratio steering box

Stu

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Good question. I've never seen a new one before, so don't know.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

would the factory paint the seal and shaft? I have never seen a close ratio box before.

I bought a new one back in the early 90's and the paint looked identical to the one shown on e-bay. I purchased it from BimmerParts in PA. Surprisingly that's the same name that this seller is using. I think that BimmerParts was owned by Maxamillian at the time that I bought mine. I paid $1500 which I thought was a lot back then. I wonder how much this one will fetch?

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

In the early 80's there was a wholesale parts distributor in CA., EAP, as I recall. One month they offered these boxes and CR 5spd. driveshafts. I bought 4 of the steering boxes, I think they were $200.-250, which was way cheaper than a std. box from the dealer. Kept two and sold two. Should have squirreled them away!