• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

an interesting factoid ... Percussive Maintenance

2 things here Carl , I am originally from Birmingham in England, Industrial center of the UK & close to where the Industrial Revolution started in the 1800's. I apprenticed as an engineer & there was a saying , "if in doubt give it a clout " ( a hit ).

Also a Birmingham screw driver is a hammer :)

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

2 things here Carl , I am originally from Birmingham in England, Industrial center of the UK & close to where the Industrial Revolution started in the 1800's. I apprenticed as an engineer & there was a saying , "if in doubt give it a clout " ( a hit ).

I am also from Birmingham originally. I started as an apprentice at Land Rover. Haven't heard the term Brummie screwdriver in years. I also used to work with a guy who called a hammer a 'knockometer'

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Small world I lived next to the Rover factory growing up in a council house in Solihull , waled past Land Rovers every day to Junior School .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

After my footballing career finished in months, I apprenticed at Loewy Eng, Bournemouth.

I remember the fitters sending us apprentices for a "long weight", "copper magnet", "tartan paint" etc. Happy days.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

bought a not-working AM-FM Blaupunkt radio at a swap meet for a dollar.

Took it home and connected to to an antenna, speaker and power supply--sure enough, it didn't work, so I hit it with a screwdriver and it started playing. Put it in an old Datsun pickup truck I had and it was still working three years later when I sold the truck...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite