• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Film Cars...

Rocan

Hello all! Many of you who know me are aware that I work at Cooper Classic Cars in Manhattan. A large part of our business is finding cars for the film and photography industry. Although we have a large number of 2002 owners contact information, it seems that we never truly have enough.

Although we are interested in all '02's we have a photoshoot this week on Tuesday or Wednesday up in Princeton and our client is interested in a Sahara Round Tail. We had a car lined up but the owner had to drop out at the last moment. I suggested my bright yellow 2002, but it doesn't seem to be what they are interested in, for some odd reason :lol:. So, I come to you, fellow owners. You will be compensated for your time and the vehicle is completely insured by the production company. The shoots really are a good time and it is great to be able to see your '02 in a magazine, movie, or commercial after the shoot.

If you are interested in this shoot, please email us ASAP at 

info@cooperclassiccars.com 

If you want us to add your car to the database for future shoots, also email us! If you have any questions at all contact us at 

212-929-3909 

You can ask for me (David) or my coworker Tommy. 

Here is our website... We currently have a new one in the works so please excuse the appearance.

http://cooperclassiccars.com/

And more specifically our film page.

http://cooperclassiccars.com/cccfilmcars2.asp

Hopefully I am not breaking any rules here; Those who know me surely can attest that I am not trying to take advantage of anyone here.

Regards,

David Xerri

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

My 76 was in a photoshoot for Cooper Classics last year. 

I can attest that it was fun, and I did get paid for my time. 

I emailed, but if they're interested in fjord blue instead, let me know. 

thanks!

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!

Sounds like fun.  If you are ever in Florida, give a ring.

Our clients do a lot of shoots in Florida, especially in the Miami area. Feel free to email pics of your car and your basic contact info with area you are in... who knows when we will get a shoot down there that wants your car! 

We luckily were able to get our original car back, but we still want more movie cars! our clients like options... they say blue, we give them blue, then they want a light blue. and maybe a red one. and instead of a car, make it a helicopter.... you get the point. But every so often they just want a sahara 2002, and thats when we call you. And then you make money. 

I posted this on my own time so I figured I could be a bit more casual :)

A bunch of Bikes...

Hey Nicholas! I took note and will get in touch with you from work later this week. Beautiful 02 you have, and welcome to the forum

A bunch of Bikes...

I have a 70 granada 1600 and a dark blue 68 mustang coupe.  I am in upstate New York, Finger Lakes Region.  If you have any need in the area, let me know

Mustang 2.bmp

BMW1.bmp

BMW2.bmp

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Make sure you're compensated for your time and any damage that can occur to your car!

I participated with them last year and, while it was a fun day, I had no idea what to ask ($$ wise) for the day, and there was some damage to the bumpers due to the models grinding dirt (applied by the crew to "age" the car - I'm glad I spent the previous day cleaning it) into the polished top surface with their boots.  I would request $1K for the day (I received half that) - apparently it is within their budget.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

John, I am very sorry to hear that the models damaged your bumper. It is very rare that vehicles are damaged during events and I had mentioned in my original post that the vehicles that participate in shoots are completely insured against any damages. I believe that you had received compensation for the damages. As far as pricing goes for shoots, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the amount you received but whenever we arrange shoots we discuss payment long before the shoot occurs and it is up to the owner to decide if the amount is sufficient. The budget for shoots vary; in some rare cases there is enough of a budget to pay the owner of the vehicle $1000 but in most cases this is simply not possible. At the end of the day, business is business and if one owner requests $1000 and we have an identical vehicle available for half the amount, we have to go with the cheaper option. Truthfully the only vehicles that receive more than $750 per shoot are exotic cars or rare vehicles such as Aston Martins or Ferraris. We never want to put the owner in an uncomfortable position and we always do our best to make sure the drivers requests are met. This is part of the reason that we suggest the owners be present at shoots; In the event that the production company wants to do something that the owner is opposed to, the owner has the right to say "no" so long as what they want to do was not previously discussed and agreed upon before the shoot. 

This next part comes from the heart and I say it to you as a fellow FAQer rather than as a businessman. We love cars. My coworkers and I have dedicated most of our lives to classic cars and the last thing we want to do is tarnish our reputation over an 8 hour photo-shoot  We encourage questions and we really do want to make sure that all of our client's concerns are addressed before they agree to anything. I am sure there are people on this forum who can vouch for me when I say that I am an honest individual and that I want nothing more than to share the 2002 love. You are all welcome to PM me and get in touch with me to talk about shoots or anything 2002 related, even if I am out of the office (especially if I am out of the office... That way I can speak more casually). 

Feel free to get in touch with us anytime, again our website is:

www.cooperclassiccars.com

Sincerely,

David Xerri

A bunch of Bikes...