• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please, Post Problems To Suggestions Forum

steve k.

well......

it don't work anymore with my home poluter Windows 98 v2nd - that was expected.

but looking all the divisions of topics by Group doesn't feel warm and fuzzy anymore.

Just like the 2013 BMW's that i deliver today to customers - it takes more hours

to cover all the new iDrive/Navication/Blue tooth function tabs. BMW has increased

the menu steps, 'options', settings.....  just too much loking and reading, clicking

with the new layout.

I like the old FLAT running topic format

I know you took a pole a while back for input on new layouts

You wont be hearing from me as much as before due to having to sneek

time in on the work poluter.

Just one mann's $20.02 wurth

Creighton.demarest

darien,connecticut.

P.S.  the NEW Photo Gallery is DOPE! luv-it!

Edited by c.d.iesel

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

• Administrators

it don't work anymore with my home poluter Windows 98 v2nd

Eh, i actually do not know if it should or should not, i do not have anything that old to test with :)

But you can actually put the site in the "Mobile" mode. that should work anywhere. Won;t see everything, but it works on cell phones so even a Windows 98 will be OK. At the bottom of the page chose "Change Theme" --> IP.Board Mobile.  Try that, if you do not like, go back to "Full Site" tat will be at the bottom of the page then.

Not sure what you mean by  

divisions of topics by Group

The forums are still in the same format as they used to be.  There are actually less forums now since i merged Archives into the General forum. The prefix features allows those who only want to see topics about "wheels and Tires' to actually do that. Everyone else can still look at a single forum with a little more mark up. It takes two clicks from the home page to see all topics in the General forum, just like it did with the old format.

I like the old FLAT running topic format

So i think you might have threaded and flat confused.

Flat is what we have here.  Where you just see the title for the topics and not the responses.

Topic 1
Topic 2
Topic 3

Threaded is where you see the start topic and then all the responses that follow it.

something like this

Topic 1
--- response 1
--- response 2
-------response 2.1

Topic 1
--- response 1
--- response 2
-------response 2.1

There is no modern forum software that does this. I know some people liked it a lot, but that is just gone.

btw, if you move the mouse over the topic in a forum, you will see a little error down, click and you will see the original post, first unread post, and last post in this topic. And you will never need to leave the page.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

+1 with CD.

The old board was basic and easy, just like my 2002s.

I feel like there should be a "user manual" supplied.

The only way I was allowed to post a picture was to go through all my posts back 5 years or so, and delete all the pictures to get below the 15MB quotia. Now all my old posts are missing the pics, and these were relevant to the messages.

Oh well, I guess I will learn.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• Administrators

+1 with CD.

The old board was basic and easy, just like my 2002s.

I feel like there should be a "user manual" supplied.

The only way I was allowed to post a picture was to go through all my posts back 5 years or so, and delete all the pictures to get below the 15MB quotia. Now all my old posts are missing the pics, and these were relevant to the messages.

Oh well, I guess I will learn.

So, that was not the intent of the quota. You really should have told me about that. The quota will be increased.

Sorry, but how much harder is it to post something? Please explain how what you do now is different from the past. I feel that the new forum is like installing a 5 speed transmission and a bigger carb. Yes, you can still drive in 4th gear and get to 60mph in 10 seconds, but you do not have to if you don't want you. It gives you more options if you want to use them, but if you do not, just ignore them.

Steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Steve, I know you poured your time, heart and soul, so I find it hard to nit-pick, but here it goes... The site looks great, but the font size for each thread seems a little big; ie you can't see as many threads per 'screenful'.  If there's a way to adjust this w/ personal viewing settings, I apologize in advance.. Thanks for all you do, This site is awesome....  - Chris

- The big print giveth, and the small print taketh away.