• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70' 2002 Tii Caged Shell Socal Whittier Area

mudchemist

I bought this caged shell for my track car project. 2 weeks ago I came across someone selling their race car and I grabbed it. My deal with with the girl allows 2 BMW's at a time, and this one makes 3.

The shell is straight but has its dings and holes from previous race goodies. The cage is solid and well built. 10 points of attachment inclusive of the front strut assembly, front frame rails, and rear shock towers. The floor bars are a bit of weirdness and could be cut out, but I was planning on keeping them after talking to a couple people. Someone (definately not the cage builder or myself) did try to do some seam welding which is ugly.

Car will include the following:

Dolly

Early or late grill set - buyers choice.

Trunk lid that needs a little attention

Doors that need a little attention

Fenders that should probably be tossed

Hood that would be good if you can bang out a dent

Dash sheet metal (custom, original is gone)

Taillights and tail chrome

Badges

$1300 as above. Will add pictures.

I am willing to trailer it out within reason.

I have also put together quite a few parts for the car. If someone wants the car they will have first chance on those parts and I will be quite fair. I will not list them separately at this time. I though about listing it all, but if you are building a car you may want it your way, and this way you can pick and chose.

Includes, but not limited to:

Front shortened coilover struts with adjustable camber and short body Bilsteins - New parts

Adjustable rear subframe (camber/toe) with boxed tariling arms

Urethane bushings

Solid subframe mounts

15 Gal ATL fuel cell, unused

Big Volvo brakes (Front) 320 Brakes Rear

...and so forth....

email to contact

I will add more pics late in the week. Car is under cover and I need to get it out in daylight.

Year: 1970

Make: BMW

Model: 2002 Tii

Body and Interior: Stripped clean

Engine and Drivetrain: No drivetrain - available separately

Suspension, Brakes: None - available separately

Mike D

#73 2002 Racer...now with 20% more quack

Still to many parts....

Email sent.

VARA/SVRA are running out at California Speedway next weekend. This would be a good opportunity for anyone looking for a car, a builder, or an idea to interact with some great people racing 2002's and other spectacular racing specimens from the 60's and 70's.

Mike D

Still to many parts....

Still available.

Plenty of inquiries on parts...and I have plenty of goodies....but I am going to wait awhile more to see if I can find someone who wants the caged shell and first pick of the parts before I consider listing all of that separately.

-Mike D

Mike D

Still to many parts....

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Michael - It is all still there. Curse of too much space?

I had plenty of folks who wanted parts, but i would rather get it out as a package.

Someone local and serious can work a nice deal here. Figure a start of $800 on the shell WITH stand and race parts at less than actual cost.

Mike D

Still to many parts....