• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would You Believe

mikesmith

I have always been curious as to the quality of "Thier" cars...Other than some comments on engine performance, meaning nothing special,  I haven't heard anything one way or another. 

Edited by LarryS

72 Tii

OTOH, I am leery of going off half-cocked. So I'm asking questions and taking things apart and making reasonably sure I understand what's going on first. I've also asked the seller to comment on what I've found, though based on their silence post-delivery I'm not expecting anything there.

You might have more luck posting to his threads on bimmerforums or contacting him through that site. I don't think they frequent the FAQ.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1885236

Larry; for the most part I'm not seeing and wasn't expecting any substantial mechanical work; to date everything is consistent with this being the Korman-built engine that was advertised, though I think it needs tuning. I was looking for a higher standard of work on the cosmetics (the reason I was attracted to this specific car), however.

IB; I have email and phone contacts - I'm not sure a public discussion ("trial by forum" 8) would be terribly helpful just yet.

Mike, What I meant was that they are known for their "over the top" (Their words) cosmetic restorations. If the car came to them with a stock M10, that's the way it's going out. Just much prettier. I remember reading a post from someone who took a test drive in one of their cars and although it looked really nice, he was unimpressed with the basically stock performance, but that car didn't have a Korman.

Yours is the first I actually read from someone who owns one that speaks of the workmanship of cosmetics. I always thought it would be cool to buy one of thier cars and slam a badass engine it. (if I was wealthy)

Now I have to come up with another pipedream.

72 Tii

IB; I have email and phone contacts - I'm not sure a public discussion ("trial by forum" 8) would be terribly helpful just yet.

I agree and apologize if my post suggested that. If so, it was not my intention. Just trying to help out since you mentioned not having any luck hearing back from them post purchase. No trial in posting asking them to contact you.

no comment on the quality of the "show" mods from these guys as i have never seen one in person, but they seem to do a lot of them....and none of their cars have any performance mods at all to back up the racy looks.  everything they do seems to be appearance only.  they certainly have bunch of fanboys on BF.com tough! :)

2xM3