• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Seat Side Frame Screw(S)

Does anyone know the specs (bolt size/threads) or where I could obtain the seat screws #10 in attached diagram.

I have found some used seats, I would like to purchase, but they are missing these screws, and concerned maybe hard to find/source.  The aren't available anymore from BMW.

Thanks

post-43259-0-45806900-1372102908.jpg

Edited by seattle2002tii

This probably isn't super helpful, but... what kind of seats are they?  Original O2's? I needed some replacement hardware for my Recaros and found some at Tacoma Screw. I fortunately had some others for comparison. If yours are O2 seats I would think someone on the FAQ would have some spares or at least give you the specs.  Again if they're O2 seats you might call Raceraft or Group 2 or Patrick O'Neil at Midnight Motorsport all who do O2 restos and might have some spares or could pull one and get the specs. Oh and if they are Recaros, Dave Varco at Aadvark Racing has a fair amount of hardware. Good luck.

Rob

Yes, I just rebuilt my stock seats and used new stainless steel screws I purchased from McMaster Carr.

You want 8mm Size, 20mm length, 1.25 Pitch,  Oval Head Phillips Machine Screws.  The Stainless Steel ones are Item #90258A308 from McMaster Carr's website.  $7.36 for a package of 25 screws.

You might also want to chase the threads on the seats using an 8mm 1.25 pitch tap before trying to thread in the new screws.  Good luck,

John

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️