• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E30 M3 Evo Airbox/intake?

are you talking about the big heavy metal intake that attaches to the s14 throttle bodies?  not sure why you would want to try to mate that thing to an m10......for performance most e30 m3 folks ditch it for a light carbon fiber airbox.

2xM3

That's what he means...

No, I don't believe that anyone has used a real evo box on an M10, but quite a few have used it as inspiration.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

AND intake? Do you mean the itb's? That would give a power hike. Not that I know if anyone has done it before. Not even sure if it bolts up.

The engine bay is a bit cramped on the intake side with the booster, you would have to remove it to put a big airbox like the carbon m3 stuff there.

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

AND intake? Do you mean the itb's? That would give a power hike. Not that I know if anyone has done it before. Not even sure if it bolts up.

The engine bay is a bit cramped on the intake side with the booster, you would have to remove it to put a big airbox like the carbon m3 stuff there.

Orly?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I looked at using the stock S14 air box when putting on my ITBs and just couldn't see a way of getting it around the booster since the air intake elbow on the side is right in the way. I also wanted to run slightly longer air horns, and couple that with the relatively high weight of the stock unit, and it just didn't seem the most logical way to go.

are you talking about the big heavy metal intake that attaches to the s14 throttle bodies?  not sure why you would want to try to mate that thing to an m10......for performance most e30 m3 folks ditch it for a light carbon fiber airbox.

There by lightening the car and the weight on the driver's seat (empty wallet)!  Humor, humor.

Jim

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Naw :)

But for the OP, I referred to the fact that the S14 cf airbox will fit on an M2...

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.