• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 One Owner Since 1979 Backyard Find

conkitchen

This is the real deal, original owner since 1979 with the small old 4 inch square CA title cert to prove it.

Mileage: odometer (working) shows 36K has no other records. Not saying this is actual, just stating a current fact.

Has a very old respray of the original Atlantik Blue with sunroof and 4 speed. No major body damage or repair. Being as original as it is, there is no doubting the patina or way to list all that it is. It has aged well but was not kept in a preservation chamber. So keep your excitement to within reason please.

It runs very well and I have improved upon the condition making it a daily driver. This is not to say you should not fix or tweak other things, you will. However I would drive this car 500 miles as is without hesitation.

Condition: Very good.

Rust: surface with bubbling paint at window lower edges. None in floors or trunk.

Paint: shines but is flawed all around.

Engine runs well and pulls hard, no smoke or oil soak. Does not consume oil.

Trans shifts nicely in and out of all gears, no grind. Clutch grabs tight.

Interior: only tear is a quarter size spot on driver seat. Dash has a few cracks but not destroyed. Door cards have speakers and the chrome is flaking off with a few scratches and other blemishes. Carpet is faded plus headliner has rips. Rear bumper has a dent in the center section as if backed into a skinny poll.

I could go on about all that is not perfect, but try to focus on the positive.

NEW:

Tune up

Weber 32/36

Fuel pump

Front Brakes

Trans mounts

Guibo flex disc

Shifter bushings

Exhaust gaskets

Misc hoses and tidily bits

UPGRADES:

Header

Ansa Exhaust

E21 turbines

4 BF Goodrich 13" 185/70

Turbo style sport wheel

Leather shift knob

Located in Northern CA and in the East Bay. call or text 925-437-8877

$4,000.00

No trades, parting, or offers other than cash thank you.

Year: 1973

Make: BMW

Model: 2002

But what do I know