• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Stop Removal

snowy

Hey Snowy, your car looks an awful lot like mine at present. Mind if I ask you your plans for the rust in your doorskin?

Got some similar issues and keen to look at options (was thinking about a half door skin but not clear if that would put more distortion in the panel than small patches).

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Not half door skins....distortion. If the rust is just in the corners cut diagonally across the corner(just the skin)peel back the inside fold and remove the rusty bit . buy some panel steel and make a couple of new corners.

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"

Tim is right here. I'm doing the above. I was going to do the square peice but the angle cut is better. The door is going in a bath of mollassas for a few weeks and then I will do the repair. today its back to the sills which are looking worse as more paint comes off. If your door is really bad a new one from W&N  may be the answer if you have the cash.post-45190-0-50905800-1375394218_thumb.j

Raoul