• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back In The Game. Pulled The Trigger!

Stuart

Welcome back!

Its funny how these cars will always stick in your head once you have driven one. Like a high school sweetheart you always want her back!

Hey, if the mrs won't mind, name her after your sweetheart! :P

Here's to ending a 25 year drought.

Lovely looking car btw!

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

I know many people name their cars but I've owned a boatload of cars in the past 45 years and not one had a name. Perhaps it is because we develop a "relationship" with them and it is easier if they have an identity. I notice most are female names. Do women owners give their cars male names? I currently own a Chamonix '73 and a black E46 that are usually just referred to as "the white car" or "the black car". I suppose that could evolve into "Whitey" and "Blackey", but I have never felt the need. Maybe I'm the strange one here.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

Looks like a nice car you snagged...2 bbl or 1 bbl setup?  Early 72s had 1 bbl Solexes and three lever heaters, later ones had two bbl carbs and four lever heaters...Both are good, just a little different.

I've always named my cars, generally a name that's typical with their country of origin (see my signature below)--2002s--and BMWs in general have always seemed masculine to me so mine all have guy names.  But yours will come to you as you drive/work on it...

My only feminine car currently is my '56 Renault convertible--Brigette--named for Brigette Bardot, who burst (so to speak) on the scene in America in that year.  And she's a convertible, so has to be a girl. 

Welcome to the fraternity/sorority...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

+1 for Blondie, always fun to spend time with, a little high maintinence though. Named my 76 after a crazy Welch Winch in one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs, wrong nationality but def crazyt, like any woman nearing forty..........................

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

I know many people name their cars but I've owned a boatload of cars in the past 45 years and not one had a name. Perhaps it is because we develop a "relationship" with them and it is easier if they have an identity. I notice most are female names. Do women owners give their cars male names? I currently own a Chamonix '73 and a black E46 that are usually just referred to as "the white car" or "the black car". I suppose that could evolve into "Whitey" and "Blackey", but I have never felt the need. Maybe I'm the strange one here.

You could call them Michale Jackson and Paul McCartney... B) ebony and ivory

Ben in Denver

2000 Touring INKA 3357390

You could call them Michale Jackson and Paul McCartney... B) ebony and ivory

Now there was an ODD couple. !!!!  Met Paul and Linda in the First Class lounge at Heathrow airport many years back.  Nice as could be.  Not much of an MJ fan, particularly the later years.  OT I suppose, but do you know how many songs are officially attributed to the Beatles?  Just 189!!!  Blew me away first time I read that.  When I ask people the same question I usually get answers ranging from 500-1,000.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

You are not alone......I have never named a vehicle either. Nothing against it, just not for me.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

Seems like a mixed bag on naming.  My sons have been doing some looking but nothin final yet.  First order of business today was to make sure she has plenty of room in the garage and she's safely tucked in.  Done. 

My boys are older so I don't need to worry about bikes being dragged in and out of the garage. 

Spending today and tomorrow on her "to do" list for the weekend.  Mostly cleaning and checking what works and what does not.  Starting a spreadsheet to keep track. 

Very happy to own an 02 again.

Stuart