• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Did You Spend Your Saturday?

You had more fun than me. Spent the day stripping / painting a set of bottle caps and then did a total detail on my E46 M3...2 step polish, 1 step AIO, Sealant. Will top it off with a coat of hybrid wax later today...then I can sit back and enjoy the view with a beer  :)

Took my father-in-law's 1968 Lamborghini Miura to get a wheel balance,then spent the rest of the afternooon washing & waxing in for preparation of Concorso Italiano in 2 weeks.  I did managed to squeeze my 02 struts in the trunk to get help separating the shock retainer. 

Replaced the burner tubes in my Weber gas grill. Cleaned the inside really well after removing the old tubes. Amazingly efficient now—I can hit 500 degrees in no time flat in a preheat. Then took the Targa down to Half Moon Bay and back. The new Devil's Slide tunnel is pretty cool.

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

Killed some rust on the left rear wheel arch, bondoed it back to all the correct curves, primered and painted. Probably the last time I can do this before I have to cut it out and start anew, but maybe this time the repair will hold.

Then I took the dashboard apart for the second time to put in the NOS 6V electromechanical clock that had arrived this morning, to replace the total loss one that came out. Put the dashboard back together, then I noticed that the hour hand was half an hour off, which looks very odd. So I took it apart the third time, to correct that, then I put it back together. Then I wanted to drive the car back into the garage, so I turned the ignition on, and the charging lamp wouldn't light. So I took the dashboard apart for the fourth time, to wiggle the lamp until it lighted. Then I put it back together - all's well so far, finger's crossed that the clock won't be too fast or slow!

Fun, fun ...

I put my E30 to good use: we drove south on Route 68, then on smaller county roads to Lake Waynoka, a ways east of Cincinnati. My buddy since 8th grade, Don, got remarried by the lakeshore.  It was a beautiful day and a lovely ceremony.  Jason Gipson can appreciate this: the reception was catered by Eli's BBQ, which is just down the street from Jason and Karie's coffee shop: FUEL.  MMMM, barbecue. MMMM, beer!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I spent the day wrenching on my Subaru. Replaced the driveline fluids and replaced pads and rotors. I got to see cool BMWs last weekend.

And I watched him do it as I built the new head for my 02 :P

1084952_10201616927211200_677969726_o.jp

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I spent the day installing a Wide Band O2 sensor on the M5 then strapping it down to the dyno and working on a new ECU map. Then went home and cleaned up the '02 Turbo for a drive and a car show in Bellingham.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

I spent this weekend at Formula Student Germany where my team, Global Formula Racing, and I WON THE EVENT!

This year I became the Powertrain lead after a failure to start at the Formula Student Michigan competition. Here I am celebrating having the most fuel efficient race car (And also the fastest one to boot!)

post-36793-0-02502400-1375773258_thumb.j

http://media.formulastudent.de/FSG13/Hockenheim-2013/20130804-Sunday/30955674_brpFZS#!i=2678423210&k=22pb4kv

Edited by redskinsjbs

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

Spent Sunday at the Glen Region Autocross.  My son & I ran our 99 318ti M Package in G Stock.  He won class, I was second by .052 of a second!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

I spent this weekend at Formula Student Germany where my team, Global Formula Racing, and I WON THE EVENT!

This year I became the Powertrain lead after a failure to start at the Formula Student Michigan competition. Here I am celebrating having the most fuel efficient race car (And also the fastest one to boot!)

attachicon.gifJay in the Winner's Circle.jpg

http://media.formulastudent.de/FSG13/Hockenheim-2013/20130804-Sunday/30955674_brpFZS#!i=2678423210&k=22pb4kv

You must live in Oregon then. Good ol' GFR. I spent some time on the Baja team.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2