• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I Break My Distributor

xferboy

Just put on my brand new IE tii distributor.

got it started and gave it a 'by the ear' timing adjustment. (still have to buy a timing light, normally just borrow one)

There is a bit of a mess of wires in that corner and a box that some of them go into. I belive that might be for bypassing the external resistor (no longer there). I have the blue coil (came with car).

So, in an attempt to figure out what is extra, I started removing some wires.  There are some extras on the positive side.  Made it to the negative side to take a look and pulled the black going to the distributor.  Car started to die (to be expected).  I tried to putting the connector back on before it died completely, but didn't quite get it back on before the car did die.  How ever I did notice that the was a bit of a spark when I put it back on.

Now I can't get the car started :(  Did I cook the pickup?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Allan