• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New To The 02 Need A Frame Rail

Htom_servo

Hello there everybody. Just bought a 75 2002 a week or so ago and decided what with the timing cover leaking and some rust on the drivers side frame rail that i would just go ahead and pull the engine and fix what needed to be fixed. Upon doing this i find that the frame rail has been fixed once before with a new boxed section placed over the old one with the old one still rusting. So if i cant fix it with some good sized patches i was wondering where do i go to get a new or used frame rail. This is a lot of work i know but damn it i want to never have to worry about it again (or at leastfor a long while).

There's this new guy, malcolm, on the board who has been advertizing their business.

http://www.restoration-design.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BMW

I can't say anything about their products but shop and tools and their project sure look nice

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/142496-restoration-designs-first-bmw/

Tommy

Edited by Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I too was looking into this as I need a driver side.

Walloth & Nesch's price is $300 + shipping from Germany, and the US place is $515 + shipping in US.

Big difference!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17