• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real 2002Ti With Weber 40Dcoe19

Gunther

A wide band air/fuel ratio meter will pay for itself, which would be my first recommendation.   F16 is a pretty rich enrichment tube and starts the mains pretty early, and I think I'm running the same idle jets with 45's.  What accelerator pump jets do you have?  I assume the 175 is your air corrector jets?  Have you tried adjusting out your idle jets to richen it up a bit more in the transition?

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC

@Hans no i dont have original alpina engine but A1 engine was standard with twin dual webers or solexes 40mm.
The webers i have from my dad, he had them in 70's on his 2002 modified from alpina mechanic (attached A1 kit, once he worked for alpina, then he opened his own bmw/alpina workshop). Since my dad was not so young and fuel consumption was more important than noise and power he put them down. And ever since they were waiting for my car.
My car was almost a wreck so a lot of parts were missing, so notthing was doing as it should even motor, so i did needed to correct everything. Also i was playing with ignition and 15° tdc is probably the best ignition advance that runs on idle.
I will try now 0°.
Somone did say to me to run 32mm
135/f9/185
50f9

@Stacey
Yes 175 is my air correctior jet. I have 40 pump jets and 50 pump ex valve. I havent make any other options except tryed 50f8 idle jets and it runed worse, also i did try putting on 32mm chokes to enrichen a bit mid range. But still there is spitback while 2000-3000rpm

Best regards

Blaz

Following popular logic that 90% of carb problems are timing, if you have a variable rpm timing light, try setting the timing to 34 degrees at full advance. That will probably result in an idle somewhere around 4 to 6 degrees at 1,000rpm.

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC

What I meant about the Alpina was that the carb jetting was intended for a highly modified motor, which may not be appropriate for what you have.

Per Stacey, go for setting maximum advance, not at idle or static. Zero advance at rest (Static) is useful to get in the ball park. You'll need to get a timing mark where you can see it (see current thread on "pointer", or locate a fancy timing light. Somewhere between 33-36 deg btdc is the range. Easier to mark on front pulley using a protractor (hope you paid attention in Geometry) or a degree wheel. How did you determine that you had 15 deg at idle? If that's accurate, I'd venture either you idle is too high, or you're advanced too much.

Having said all this, did we determine if you are using a pure mechanical advance distributor?

We're venturing into an area that has been well thrashed in previous posts. Might be time to do some research.

I have advance light for setting.
I have fully mechanical distributor with BOSCH number 0 231 129 026, witch should be used in factory 2002ti.
I did once set it to 36° at 3500 rpm witch ended with 8° idle. The idle was not steady even with making them synchronize and adjusting idle screws...

Best regards

Blaz