• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail Light Lens - Red Center / Turn Signal

MoBrighta

Henry and I are involved in a project to build a center mount stop light for his 1972 2002 tii.

For this project, we need a 2002 round tail light lens with red center / turn signal.

Either side will do, since we are currently in early stages of development.

The project does not require a gasket, trim ring, or reflector, but the inside cover

(triangular cap to cover the wiring) would be nice, if you have one.

'Perfect' is not vital, just decent shape outside, even a tad 'melty' inside may be OK.

Thanks to all you hoarders for checking your garage or basement. I'm one of you, but

at this time all my lenses are amber turn, so no good for this particular need.

Mille Grazie!

Andy

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

• 2 weeks later...

I am buying new tail light OEM assemblies for my 1976 2002. If I shipped them brandy new to you what will you do to them and how much would it cost?? Jon in Amherst Mass.

Hey Jon,

I would not restore the reflectors, but would do the rest of the upgrade to add high output lamps in at least the tail, brake, and turn signal sockets.

I would also do a dual tail light conversion, so the top and bottom red sections both became tail lights.

Are you thinking about a third center brake light?  I would go with the Hella, HO bulb first choice, LED second choice.

Send me an email, I'll make you a deal since there will be no restoring labor.

Andy

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.