• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compression Test. Help Diagnose.

tashakes

On a 318 conversion, I'd look at the distributor-

it's easy to get it spinning the wrong way,

I do have the 318 dizzy and cam, so it must be turning the correct way, although you may have something with the advance, I will double check the hose.....

Watch the gauge while you are cranking the (warm, WOT) engine.  Does the gauge shoot high, then level out a little higher or does it slowly build pressure as you crank 4-5 times?   On a tii, I believe you pull # 11 fuse to disable the fuel pump.

It builds up so sounds OK, on mine with the 318 conversion I just pop out the fuel pump relay

no, really, your running problems aren't your compression.

t

Any ideas?  I have changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, relay, cleaned injectors, fuel rail, new regulator, have recent plugs, new wires, new coil, new dizzy cap, clean cold start valve (i know, nothing to do with warm engine), not too bad compression and good PSI on the end of the rail (45).  It still hesitates from 2000 rpm and up, I am thinking a vacuum leak for for the life of it, can't find it.......

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg