• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1981 320I Gt Autox/track-Rat

Moto_AG

1981 BMW 320i

Body:

Complete Korman body kit (includes: front hood, front fenders, front air dam, rear quarters, rear deck lid)

Interior:

Interior is completely bare. Brand new Kirky road race seat, Sparco wheel and Sabelt 5 pt harness

Have a 10 pt cage ready to be welded in/installed

Suspension/Brakes:

WHEELS:

Vintage Compomotive 3 piece wheels, 13X7 and 13X8. High-Strength race grade wheel studs front and rear. Tires are Toyo RA-1’s but they only have one hard track day left in them.

FRONT:

Custom 41mm inverted Bilstein struts, threaded body, raised and re-cambered spindles. You will never find a set of struts of this performance level or quality for an E21. Adjustable spherical bearing top mounts with a Hartge tower brace. Tubular front sway bar, fully adjustable with heim-jointed drop links.

Brakes are radial slotted ’77 vented rotors, with NOS calipers (not rebuilt) and SS Braided Lines, backing plates have been modified with a welded plenums to accepts ducting from front mounted inlets, oversized master cylinder with brake booster removed - fully manual brakes.

REAR:

Bilstein coil-over shocks with aluminum threaded collars, converted for 2.5 springs. K-Mac rear bushings. Adjustable rear sway bar with heim-jointed drop links.

Solid mounted and raised rear sub-frame.

Brakes are drums with e-brake provisions removed and backing plates drilled.

Drivetrain:

Rear Differentials ratios -

3 piece 5 spd E21 transmission, solid rear differential drop link, modified transmission mount for high/flush exhaust routing. New Guibo/u-joints/center bearing.

Engine:

M10 engine with stock internals. Ceramic coated Stahl header - 1 3/4” primaries, 3” collector. Remote Petersen oil filter, SS braided oil lines, “T” installed for accu-sump installation, Setrab oil cooler. Electric radiator fan. 22 gal foam filled fuel cell, ATL quick fill inlet, Mallory fuel filter, dual Carter “Green” fuel pumps feeding factory bosch high pressure fuel pump. MSD “Blaster” Coil with 9mm Taylor wires.

Additional Parts/Spares:

Custom front subframe with modified lower a-arm pivot points and engine mounts deleted.

Tubular front engine mounts for attachment to chassis not subframe.

Rear subframe with slotted swing-arm mounts.

323i rear disk brake swing arms.

Spare driveline with new Guibo and center bearing

320 outer/2002 inner hybrid axles

Mallory/MSD crankfire ignition system. Includes locked out bosch distributor, Mallory “flying magnet” trigger with custom M10 mount, MSD 6AL and MSD timing controller with rev limiter.

Roof from a non-sunroof 320 to replace the sun-roof lid of this car

Multiple rear differential housings with the following ratios: 2.93, 3.91, 4.11, 4.44 (all on welded diffs)

I also have a bunch of misc. E21 spares: new water pump, alternator, t-stats, belts, hoses, etc, etc...

$5000.00 OBO

Trades considered as long as they have an engine and at least two wheels

Parting out the vehicle MAY be an option although it is not my preference.

Year: 1981

Make: BMW

Model: 320i

Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting.