• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Bmw 2002

Jim_75Sahara

I brought this '02 out of obscurity when I found it in Athens, AL in 2003. It was sold new in the Birmingham area and spent its life in AL until July, 2003. (which accounts for the lack of rust) During more than 10 years of ownership, I have driven this '02 to Hermann, MO, Eureka Springs, AR, Chicago, IL, Watkins Glen, NY, Shaker Village, KY, Winston-Salem, NC and on many drive/gtg's with my RGB and 02Group friends. Never has it left me stranded on one of these drives. This '02 is rock-solid reliable and is ready for the next owner to take it to the next level. The most important thing to know is that the engine was completely rebuilt in 2010, including 9.5:1 compression ratio, piano-top pistons, etc. The work was done by Mike McCarthy's shop in Huber Hts., OH. (Foreign Car Service) In fact, this '02 is so enjoyable mainly due to the repairs and upgrades completed by Mike and his mechanics. The car is a non-sunroof model. I have lots of data/receipts to share. Please contact me if interested. --- Jim Denker PH. (937) 479-9794 (VIN: 2365006)

Year: 1975

Make: BMW

Model: 2002

Body and Interior: Never wrecked. Repainted x1 by a p.o. in Sahara, the factory color. Very little rust. Front seats reupholstered using World Upholstery vinyl.

Engine and Drivetrain: M10 totally rebuilt in 2010 by Mike McCarthy at Foreign Car Service in Huber Hts. OH. 4-speed manual with newer clutch and slave cylinder. Newer guibo.

Suspension, Brakes: H&R springs, Bilstein HD's, Brakes have been completely redone during my ownership including new brake drums, one new front rotor, rebuilt calipers, new brake lines, new brake master cylinder.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Jim pleeeeeese tell me you have a plan to stay in the 02 club!

Best wishes on your future plans and I trust we will still see you around...

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

I've known Jim's car ever since he first bought it, and it's as nice as his description--maybe even nicer.  Whoever buys it will have no regrets...

And it's Sahara!

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Sorry to be so slow.  I was busy at work and then needed to retrieve my other car.  Anyhow;  Yes to a/c. It's a Behr unit. I've had it running but it loses the freon over a year's time. Not sure exactly what ails the a/c, but it's all there, intact.  Total mileage on the chassis is 198K.  I've gone about 17K since a total engine rebuild in 2010 completed by Mike McCarthy's shop. (Foreign Car Service in Huber Hts., OH)  Mike McC can vouch for the quality parts and labor that went into this M10 and into the car overall, since he's the man who made Dieter one of the most reliable, smooth '02's around. The carpet is original. I won an Esty carpet set at MidAmerica '02Fest a few years ago. I opted instead for an Esty custom trunk mat and I LOVE it.  There is some fade to the carpet, but no holes, no stains, no stank on the rug.

Why am I selling??  It could be a passing thing, but I want to try other BMW's before I am an old geezer.  I love my '87 325 and I've actually put more time and effort into it over the past couple years, sorry to say.  I had a blast driving Dieter last weekend on the rollercoaster roads of rural N. KY with Jason and the RGB guys.  They are great -- I am not leaving them or the FAQ.  I may buy another '02 one day. I was tempted to buy Karl's Sahara 1600-2 which is now in the bodyshop, about to make Jake Metz's day and or year when it rolls out -- shiny & new.  Let's say this: my cost/benefit ratio on the '02 was sagging.  Too much money for too little use.  For a DD, the E30 is better for me.  For vintage backroad fun, the '02 is great fun -- still. In slightly over 10 years, I have not put much more than 39K miles on it.  Dieter has gotten tons of love in the form of parts/labor, however.  This was an intact, non-rusty '02 that needed brakes, shocks, a clutch, a guibo, window seals, a shifter rebuild, brake pads, a valve adjustment & an exhaust manifold PDQ if I was going to hit the road with the real '02 guys.  Safety and enjoyable driving came first, my friend.  This car is ready for the next level.  It needs the right person is all.

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

XAR:   $7500 OBO.  Thanks for your interest.

P.S.  I just got back from '02berfest with The 02 Group. I joined them for their drive yesterday along the VA/NC border.  I had nothing but a very good time. (no troubles, no breakdowns - - the '02 was humming perfectly)  BTW, I got 27 MPG on the return trip today.

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz