• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Be Inheriting A '76 2002

rodri9o

I did notice that the evening we were repairing the fuel filter: That slide-on style bracket. I need to get a windshield washer (WW) fluid reservoir. There was a multi-pin plug right next to it...I'm guessing that may be for the WW fluid reservoir plugs into...I'll be looking into that: it is not the immediate priority, but it is on the list.

The wiring would be for the PUMP, and there will be hoses going from the reservoir to the pump & from pump to the washers on the bulkhead.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

The wiring would be for the PUMP, and there will be hoses going from the reservoir to the pump & from pump to the washers on the bulkhead.

you know, that's what I meant. I was thinking reservoir because the mental image of the 325's WW reservoir popped into ming andit is attached to the reservoir itself...so yes, I should have said pump. :)

I did see the hosing for the nozzles/tubes...clear stuff with a criss-cross diagonal stuff to it. 

1976 BMW 2002-1989 BMW 325i-1992 Vespa PX200E-2001 GS500

welcome to the club buddy! Car looks very clean, and is an absolutely golden opportunity. I spent a lot more then free on my own 76, and it still has a long way to go!

I'm in Brooklyn, NY, BTW, and there are 02 guys all over the state. I know that Morfiya is in Long Island, and theres a couple more guys in brooklyn. 

Be sure to email me so we can get in touch and meet up at some point, perhaps you can come along for one of our bear mountain trips!

cheers!

David

Thanks David. It is good to see other NY'ers on here. I really like get-togethers...I still participate in a few Volvo meets despite the fact that I no longer own a Volvo(s)! One established relationships with people and that stays for ever...cars: they come and go.

another update on this thread: I just went though a few areas of the car with a flashlight and found a few interesting things, one of them being the head which, in fact, it seems is from 1.8i motor. I find this strange: a 2.0 motor with a 1.8 head....I assume there was machining work done?

-Do the '02 distributors bolt right on to the 1.8 heads? I ask this because I'd like to get a new distributor cap and a rotor, so if they are different I'd like to make sure I get the right one.

-The coil is supposed to be in the upright position, correct? Mine is in a horizontal position....no idea why.

...minor point, but your strut mount bearings appear to be missing their dust caps, as seen in the beautiful photo above.  Tom

Hmmm....yesss. I'll have to eventually get me some of them! Not an immediate worry, but on the (getting longer by the day) list .

The motor maybe a 318 . Look for serial # on flat area of block above starter nose. Original motor # is same as VIN

Hmmm...I'll have to peek in there this evening to see exactly what it is, then. Is that a common thing to do on '02's: place a 1.8 head on a 2.0 block? I don;t know much about this, but I can't see it happening effectively with out machine shop time to make the head appropriated for the block...

I just ordered some basic tune up stuff fromt he local "Euro Parts Haus" and will be picking up later.

I love having this car: I now have something I can tinker with ALL WEEKEND LONG! Hahaha

Edited by rodri9o

Very nice.. I "inherited" a 75 4 years ago... see what vortex it has led me down..

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

But seriously.. put me on speed dial if you start working on things. I am not anywhere near an expert

but I've redone just about everything on mine and can give you lots of tips...

Randy 

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com