• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye, Dieter

Jim_75Sahara

I am having random '02 dreams lately.   - - The most recent one had me driving a very messy, disheveled  Dieter to some RGB get-together.  I had not done anything to get ready, so the car and myself were in a funk.  For some reason, I stopped the car. It promptly started to roll away from me.  Naturally, (in dream world) I grab the '02 by the rear bumper and pull it back to where it had been parked.  Dieter was running very poorly, was full of rubbish and was quite dirty. I did not know how to get to the gtg either.    Whaaaat??

Another dream had me at my (not real) luxurious mid-1960s era rambling dream home on a hill with at least a 5 acre wood around it.  For some reason, I was strolling through a fruit orchard and throwing peach pits into a creek bed. I came around to the garage end of my house.  So, then some weasel of a man rushes up to me talking about buying my 2002.  I start to tell him that I don't own one any longer.  A quick glance into my huge four car garage -- and there is a very nice short-bumper roundie in either Manila or Chamonix.  I was impressed that I had somehow nabbed such a lovely gem.  I gave the weasel the brush off and then I woke up....

It must mean something or other.

Sounds like my house, Jim. Except it's a 1780 Georgian Farmhouse, a six car garage and a Verona '73Tii.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Uh, oh...when you start dreaming about 'em, something is gonna happen...like you get a jones for another 2002.  They're still out there, including the Fijord squarelight that's been sitting in a driveway near me for at least ten years.   Haven't spoken with the owner recently, but it would (now) be a squarelight equivalent to Paul Wegwiser's barn find tii...LOTS of "patina."

We'd love to have you back in the 02 fold, Jim.

cheers

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

That Fjord squaretail, NO.  "Ruff, ruff, ruff!" -  say my puppies.

The love for my E30 is being tested. Not to mention my parts-eating E46...  If you find me the right 2002, I might just bite. I'm thinking roundie, interesting color, interesting pedigree & not too 'ruff.'

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...

Now, it's Goodbye Werner.  The E46 was traded in yesterday on a Mini demo. There is a theory - something to do with my being overwhelmed by too many older, less-reliable, needy cars.  Having overseen our fleet of five older cars, I will soon be managing only two older cars: my daughter's 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara and my E30.  Mary has a new 2015 Mazda 6 sedan. Love it!  I have a new ride (Love it!)  and Alec will be off of my insurance and off of my auto list this Spring.  (Good luck, Alec!)  Stress reduction in motion.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz