• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Car, Classic Rock - What's Your DRIVER Song?

vinntagejoe

Lets go back to 1985. I had a 1969 2002, black turbo look, flares with Shelby Diamondback rims in gold/chrome with that cobra snake in the center. Long gone now.

Music around that time.

AC/DC - Back In Black

ZZ Top - Eliminator

Thin Lizzy - Thunder & Lightning

A lot of mix tapes....why keeps Starship - We built this city still rings in my head.??

Andersson,  Same here,  1985, mix tapes, cruising in my 1600 from home to college:  Autobahn by Kraftwerk was on there!  great music to take a long drive with.  I sometimes try to get away with it while traveling with my wife. (Usually doesn't go over well)

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

22 hours ago, jscaptura1 said:

Andersson,  Same here,  1985, mix tapes, cruising in my 1600 from home to college:  Autobahn by Kraftwerk was on there!  great music to take a long drive with.  I sometimes try to get away with it while traveling with my wife. (Usually doesn't go over well)

Fun Fun Fun at the autobahn.

Cool song.

Kraftwerk made quite a few quirky songs.  I get a bit of a laugh at the "pocket calculator" song when it cycles through the sound system on the iPhone shuffle setting.

Its nice when the music shuffler man chooses a few good songs in a row.

Yesterday he chose

Freedom of choice - Devo

Janie Jones - The Clash

National insurance blacklist - The Business

Pop tones - Public Image limited

then to top it off Kerpal was on. 

Your daughter she come to my house and she kicked my dog... 

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

Some great stuff here.

Jesus Built my Hot Rod came to mind, but was already listed.

More then a Feeling - already listed, fantastic driving song.

Not listed that I have seen:

Galaxy 500 -Horton Heat

Bails of Cocain -Horton Heat

End of Miles -Frank Black

Howl'n For You -Black Keys

Deeds not Word - Dropkick Murphies

So many others.  My life needs a soundtrack.