• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Messy Job This Weekend

Stuart

I used the 3M adhesive remover, small area at a time. It was more than a one cup of coffee job. Toluene sounds like a good alternative. I know Lowes and Home Depot carry it. But I use 3M stuff so Don can stay employed and show up at Vintage events.

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

Edited by BillWilliams

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I used the 3M adhesive remover, small area at a time. It was more than a one cup of coffee job. Toluene sounds like a good alternative. I know Lowes and Home Depot carry it. But I use 3M stuff so Don can stay employed and show up at Vintage events.

I use the 3M remover also.  great stuff.

the other good stuff is GooGone.  no, not the household version that comes in little plastic bottles.  they make a concentrated version that is sold in half gallon cans.  works wonders on all kinds of nasty stuff.

2xM3

3 M General Adhesive Cleaner # 08984 in qt. can with squeeze  tip with disp. shop towels, paper towels and plastic scraper worked great for me. May be less $$ than the other 3 M suggested above 

Less expensive but much more toxic.  Also you'll end up using more do to evaporation.

Don

Is Saran Wrap a 3M product?

;-)

Ha, no but we make the box, joking for the purist.

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Thank you very much, Bill.

Don't forget the stock price, for my son's education of course.

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007