• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Bmw 1600

duncajmcintosh

See more pictures here:

http://dunc27.wix.com/bmw1600

Ebay auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161153331901

This is an original (almost) rust free California Black plate car. The car is ORIGINAL. All the numbers match and other than the center console (pictured) there have been no modifications to the car.

The car was purchased from Oceanview Motors in Santa Monica California in 1969. I bought the car from the original owner in 1997 in Pasadena California.

The mileage is unknown as the speedo cable snapped several years ago. However the car has not been driven beyond my immediate neighborhood since then. When the cable snapped the odometer was reading appx 103k. If I had to guess it has about 5k more than that.

Engine:

Runs strong, not powerful...its a small motor...but it runs strong.

Original Carb rebuilt 3 years ago.

Radiator replaced 4 years ago.

Water pump and thermostat and all hoses replaced last week.

The air pump is disconnected and could use a new bracket...or just removal.

Transmission:

Original. The synchros and gears are in perfect working order.

I clutch does not slip and feels great, but I cannot remember when it was last replaced.

Electrical:

there are a few gremlins here. The interior lighting does not work. The gas guage does not work. The heater motor is dead and is disconnected. All exterior lights work and the battery is brand new.

Brakes:

Perfect.

Tires:

90% tread all around.

Suspensions:

All bushings replaced 5 years ago with stock bushings.

Shocks also replaced 5 years ago with stock (Boge?) shocks.

Exterior:

The pictures should tell the story here. The paint is original and is DONE! It needs paint or a garage immediately (this is the main reason that I am letting it go). There are two small dents in the hood. One fist sized dent on the front fender. There is no bondo, no rust, and no evidence of any body work ever.

One of the windshield wipers needs reassembly. The antenna needs new mounting clips.

Interior:

The interior is rough...as you can see. All the parts are there but it needs a complete overhaul.

The car does come with a new carpet kit (still in the box) ready for install, and the original radio and center console which would need to be re-assembled and installed. The windshield rear-view mirror is broken and needs to be replaced. The door mirrors look good but both tend to go loose and need to be tightened up often.

Overall:

This is an AWESOME car for someone with the time and resources to finish it off.

The car is located in North Los Angeles and is available for test drives. Just send me an email.

I have not listed a price as I am going to sell it to the highest bidder on Ebay in a no reserve auction.

However, please feel free to email me if you have would like to make an offer before the close of the auction. I have decided it is time to let her go. The car will be sold at the close of the auction.

Year: 1969

Make: BMW

Model: 1600

Body and Interior: Body in fair shape. No rust.

Needs paint...badly.

Interior complete, but rough. Needs some love. New carpet kit included.

Engine and Drivetrain: Really good shape. Runs and drives strong. Fuel system, cooling system both rebuilt. Motor never opened up. Trans is good. All synchros good.

Suspension, Brakes: new bushings shocks, tires and brakes. Ready to go!

classifieds-35827-0-15098800-1384890770_classifieds-35827-0-56007300-1384891051_