• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'02 In Museum

RoyW

For those of you that might be in the Upstate NY area over the next 6 months, my '72 2002 will be displayed at the Saratoga Auto Museum in their "Re-Made in America" exhibit from late Noverber 2013 through early May 2014. More information can be found here: http://saratogaautomuseum.org/re-made-in-america/

I am honored to have my car selected for this exhibit (which includes a Boyd Coddington car and many other excellent restoration examples) and as someone said to me, "best Winter storage ever!" :)

Here are a few pictures of the car from a show earlier this summer. I'll take soem pics of it on dispaly at the Opening Reception this Friday evening.

-RoyW

P1000059_zpse1eec01b.jpg

P1000060_zps2fbed244.jpg

P1000062_zpsb8777594.jpg

M2-DSC_5574.jpg

Roy, yours is one of the best M2s in the country, congrats on the best heated garage in the Northeast, the Saratoga Auto Museum.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Nuts. I can't figure out why you would rather keep that thing in a warm museum all winter instead of driving it around upstate NY. If you did the latter, it would get lighter all by itself each and every day, and doesn't that equate to more speed?

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

My plan is to "keep it stock" but now I'm having second thoughts thanks to Roy!  Congrats on a perfectly modified '02.

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

Nice work.  I've been wanting to visit that museum, and now I have an excuse.

For those who truly make the trip, plan on a stop in Norwich, NY for the Northeast Classic Car Musuem.  Don't be fooled by the plain exterior, insides lies some of the best classics anywhere and the largest collection of Franklins.  The best $5 you will ever spend, and photos are allowed!

Cheers,

Michael