• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Intake

1972-2002

off the car? then yes, sandblaster. Correct finish would be from a tumbler though, not blasted. If you want a less aggressive medium you can do a baking soda blast. ALso has the benefit of being easier to clean as you just rinse with water. 

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Put it in a blast cabinet and blast away. It's the only way to make it look really good. I did this with my Harbor freight $225 cabinet. You need to seal it with something to keep it looking clean and to be able to clean it. It is a porous surface so any stain you get on it embeds itself into the aluminum. Even if you try to clean it it will not come back to the way it looked when you took it out of the blaster. I used POR15 in the clear version on this 318i manifold. If you blast it and don't coat it, you'll leave a smudge every time you touch it. You have to wash it with soap and hot water to make sure you get any grit out. After drying, give it a spray down with brake cleaner and paint with a brush. Use a decent brush. I can't tell you how annoying it is trying to pluck brush hairs out of an otherwise perfect paint job. The POR15 lays down nice and flat with a nice gloss even though you are using a brush. Don't brush it on to heavy as you will get runs. Watch it as it begins to dry so you can brush away any impending runs.

post-39527-0-49972200-1386032106_thumb.j

post-39527-0-86257000-1386032185_thumb.j

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318