• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002Tii Semi-Restored

ma.jomaa

***I'm helping a friend sell his tii project that didn't see completion due to time constraints & personal matters, Please note that the below is the description he sent me, He works 60+ hours a week and I have more time than him to deal with potential buyers.

"Up for your collection and completion is this very nice 1972 BMW 2002tii. Original California car that moved to Texas early in its life and spend 10 of the last 10 1/2 years in a heated storage. I heard about it and felt it needed a better home so I had it trucked back to California where I began the restoration.

VIN 2761864

Baikal Blue

Sunroof

Original A/C (untested)

4spd

First, I had the previous owner take the car to Terry Sayther Automotive in Austin Texas so I knew what direction to go. He did a compression test and said she was 165-175 across the board but since it sat so long, he suggested I did all the rubber and seal items in the drivetrain. That said, I did the following.

Complete tune up (plugs, points, distributor, cap rotor, condenser, fuel filter, thermostat, oil filter, coolant flush, brake fluid, etc).

Then I went and replaced the following

- Both Wheel Cylinders

- Both Front Rotors

- New tii Calipers

- Clutch Slave Cylinder

- Clutch Master Cylinder

- Front and rear brake pads / shoes

- Race gauge braded break lines

- New gas lines

- Front and Rear window rubbers

Basically, anything rubber and to do with the brakes

Then, the car went to the body shop and had three small spots of rust cut out and new metal welded in.

- Rear passenger rear seat window corner (size of a silver dollar)

- Lower passenger rocker trim (about a two inch area toward the back)

- Spare tire floor (about a 3" X 5" area).

After those repairs, there is no visible cancer. I DID NOT use Bondo!

The car had it's trim shaved before a previous repaint, so I drilled for trim holes again before the fresh coats of Sherwin Williams 042 Baikal Blue (It's original color) was sprayed. Sidemarkers were removed (again, new metal, as well as the license plate light holes). Euro license plate lights in the rear bumper illuminate the plate now!

Overall, the paint came out nice. The drivers side door stop isn't working, so the idiot painter opened the door too wide and crimped the fresh paint....ugh. I just don't have the time to finish it now, nor the money as I am going through a divorce.

Here is what I would do to finish it if I had the money & time.

* Address the Kugelfischer as there seems to be an internal leak that is causing the car to run lean and miss at lower RPM. Also causing gasoline to seep in to the oil. This was told to me by Marc at Bavarian Workshop.

- Address the bushings for the shift knob as it has a lot of play

- Add the trim (the car will come with a complete used set including rocker trim but the paint and body warrants a new set)

- Install new headliner

- Recover the dash or source a clean one (this original tii dash has cracks and chews)

- Find a correct tii clock

- Add the Sparco seats that come with the car or go with Recaros (I also have a pristine original passenger seat) as currently, the car pimps Toyota Supra seats in it (so not cool)

- Get some tii alloys

- Install the A/C belt and get that working

That pretty much covers it. The car has Bilsteins all around and hauls ass. Transmission does not grind. Sunroof opens as it should. Car does NOT smoke (again, engine is super strong). A few thousands and she will be all done. I am pricing the car to sell please do not lowball me. It is a rust free, 90% complete 1972 tii looking for a good home. The car comes with the afore mentioned trim, seats, every single clip to install the trim, the original air filter canister and two new filters, and countless miscellaneous parts. If you want a complete running parts car I have one for sale that you can have for an extra $1,500 (no, its not a tii but is loaded with parts including Recaros and is a 1971). The car has a CLEAN Texas title, and has been signed off in my name along with a Bill Of Sale and a report from the Texas DMV

$12,500 OR FIRST REASONABLE OFFFER

NOT INTERESTED IN TRADES UNLESS YOU HAVE CASH AND AN ORIGINAL GOLF 2002

for more info or to set up a test drive you can email me at ma.jomaa@hotmail.com,

Thank you for looking

Mohamad.

bdtnwy.jpg

21lmz5u.jpg

20zs67c.jpg

333h1nd.jpg

fay5b4.jpg

1ze87l5.jpg

jhu4p5.jpg

m7f8s3.jpg

2me2vza.jpg

2q30ksy.jpg