• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

crosson9

Hi Everyone!

Replacing the water pump on my 02 and noticed that a bypass cap was used to block off one of the outlets. What was used was a 3/4" cap which is in bad shape, so I would like to use a proper fit 1" cap. Local autozone does not carry a 1". Any suggestions where to get one or other options? Thank you guys, you always have the answers. -T.J.

-T.J.

No answers, just a question-

what's being bypassed?  

The only thing that pops to mind is an intake bypass for a dual carb manifold heater...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

So you do not have heater box circulation?

If you have a heater box, just as easy to get the bypass tube and hook it up proper.

post-39486-0-29432700-1386427269_thumb.j

post-39486-0-44329000-1386427295_thumb.j

Edited by daron

I don't see where crosson9 has stated whether he has sidedrafts or a downdraft carb.  If a downdraft, then he has no manifold heating now.  If not then plumb it up as supposed to be.

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I've used 2 approaches with that- either use a short piece of hose and an internal plug that fits inside the hose,

or run the rubber line forward, then splice into the heater line that goes to the back of the head.  I put a small

restrictor in there, as it's a 'heat leak' but I found that it helped with bleeding the air out of the head.

I've never seen those caps for cooling systems, and using household plumbing on cooling systems would make me a bit nervous.

hth

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

TobyB, what would be an internal cap? links or pics to give a clear idea. Thanks you all for your input on this!

Also, hose clamps. Some better than others or are they all the same?

Piece of rubber hose and a bolt of your choice that fits...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2