• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber 38 Linkage Issue

simonr

Project creep on my 38 special, shes got more tourque and  is spinning my skinny tires way to easy, now I must get serious about finding the right shoes. One surprise for me is the gas milage seems same if not better, my knock off 32-36 was running way rich and the proof is at the pump.. Redline rules! 

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

• 2 years later...

Update. The throttle rod from IE worked perfectly. I did some mild portmatching to my stock manifold. Then I bolted on the new 38. It was 26 degrees outside which was a heat wave to what it had been. I thought what the hell I will turn it over to see if will start. It fired right up. I was shocked. I let it warm up, set the idle and dialed in the dual idle mixtures . the factory settings were spot on very little if any adjustment was nec. I took it out for a spin and was amazed at the difference in the car. It went from being a sports sedan to a sports car. No stumbling no flat spot just increased torque and power . It idles much smoother than the 32/36 . I am very pleased with the 38 carb . I drove it a lot today and the wow factor was way up there!!

congrats ! i have a 38 as well and i am really enjoy driving it every single day !!!

yes it has changed. The linkage arm goes the opposite way to the 32\36 . it looks to me the easiest way to fix this is to put the rod in the vice and heat it up and then bend it the correct direction. I just need to spend some time with it to make sure that it will still work that way . nothing is ever simple in my world

when did they change...i've bolted on in plug-n-play fashion a lot of weber 38-38s and never had any issues like described