• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 2002 Fs In Az

mpwrcpe

Hi Guys,

I'm reluctantly letting my '02 go due to too many other projects. I have posted a separate thread listing all of my parts for sale as well. The car is Taiga with Tobacco? interior, original M10 and 4 speed transmission. There are ~270K miles on the engine/chassis.

Some highlights:

Car is within the last 1,000 round tail light cars produced for the US, s/n 2592772.

I am the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner was a title holder only (the original owners grandson) and the original owner drove the car every day until her passing at age 92! This is why there is very little rust.

The floor pans and frame rails are solid, shock towers are solid, subframe mount area(s) are solid. There is rust in the front driver side lower nose and above the passenger rear wheel well, that is it.

The car was hit in the rear, and the rear panel and driver side rear quarter panel were professionally replaced. I have all of the paperwork from the original owner documenting the repairs. I've inspected the repai work and it appears to be ok with no odd panel gaps. I think repairs were completed in 2005.

The original Taiga trunk lid is included but has rust pitting under the lip in some areas.

The car runs but the exhaust is removed, and the original carb is poorly tuned. The car needs a clutch and T/O bearing but does shift (noisy rattle at idle from the T/O bearing). The car should be trailered for safety reasons.

The turn signals are non-op as well as the headlights. These are both switch related as the flasher relay is working, as well as the high beams via the dip switch.

The original trim, seats and bumpers were removed for a thorough rust inspection of the car. I have all original parts that were removed. The front seats are intact, but the rear seat covers were dry rotting so they were removed. I have the covers and rear seat frames.

I have all of the original smog parts that were removed as well.

The Kirk 4 point cage is not included, but can be for extra $.

PM me with any questions and I'll be happy to answer. I would be happy to include any parts that I have for sale with the car as a package deal for additional $.

I'm also happy to assist with shipping.

Asking $3,000 OBO, I am negotiable.

Pictures are here ---> http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/dbergfeld/library/73%202002%202592772?sort=3&page=1

Thanks!

-Dave.

Year: 1973
Make: BMW
Model: 2002

Edited by mpwrcpe

-Dave.

'71 Chamonix 2002         '95 M3 S54 race car - 2022 ProAutoSports PS1 Champion