• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Bmw 2002 Roundie

'02onthebrain

For sale, or trade for 1984-1994 Porsche 911 coupe plus cash.

I purchased this car in 2005 after almost a two year search. The color is Porsche Red (Guards red) repaint over the original Ceylon Gold, extremely rare color. Black Interior is in fair shape. 73,xxx original miles but odometer has stopped. I have put on maybe 2k miles since 2005, it is a garage queen.

This car was in a time capsule, stored inside a garage since 1992 and was resurrected in 2004. Originally an Arizona car it was driven to Canada in 1990 by the 2nd owner. Car has no rust holes whatsoever, some surface rust. Engine and tranny are in good shape, does not smoke or have knocks. The car is one stock down to the hubcaps and it still has the original solex carb and all the emissions equipment in it and they all work fine. In 2005, replaced the front windshield gasket and lock strip, replaced all fluids, tires, installed a newer radio cassette, replaced the speakers on the rear parcel shelf that were already cut out. Tuneup and valve adjustment.

In 2006, completely replaced the suspension with new sway bars, shocks and struts, brakes and rotors, plugs, alignment and another tuneup, over 6k with all details and parts list.

I take her for a joy ride about every 3 weeks. 1973 was the best for roundies and this is one of the last 700 ever made. Very few east coast examples exist because of the rust.

I would drive this car to CA and back. The heat works great, no AC. More pics available upon request.

Year: 1973

Make: BMW

Model: 2002

Body and Interior: Stock

Engine and Drivetrain: Stock

Suspension, Brakes: Completely refreshed 2006