• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are Your 2002 Plans For 2014???

Dabliz02

I want to take a closer look at the suspension, make sure it is all up to snuff, repair/replace as needed.  Fine tune the timing, rebuild the carb with the kit I bought a while back, then maybe do a little autocrossing with it.  My local British car club does two or three a year, join the club, pass tech, and you are in, bugeye sprites, MGBs, Jensen Healeys, Triumphs, a few Miatas, S2000s, MR2s, most all streetable, but running the gamut from stock to racing slicks and fairly comprehensive mods.  Curious how a fairly stock 2002 will do.

Lincoln, NE

74 2002

68 Triumph TR250

Getting most of the last bits I need for the restoration, getting it road legal and finally a paint job. It's gotta be 2014!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Yes, it's for real. Also taking a car to the Greenwich Concours in Greenwich, CT.

Say "Hi" to Wayne Carini for me!  I bumped into him in Carmel, Calif. one year.  It was before the Pebble Beach Concours when the vintage cars parade south to Big Sur, circle back, park & display in Carmel and then head north to Pebble Beach.  He was busy, so I didn't bug him, but it was interesting to have him talking about a classic car a few feet from me.  Funny, but that day, I was mistaken for the owner of an Isetta 600. I started answering questions about it and had a hard time leaving due to all the questions & interest in it...

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Andrew, I hope that, when you come to Pittsburgh for PVGP, you will consider joining us on PVGP's Countryside Tour (held on Thursday of Race Week). Participation is limited to 30 cars (we may allow a few more, if our sponsor can accommodate us) and we had only one 02, last year (mine), which was a 100% increase from the first year of the Tour. I'm hoping we will see some vintage Bimmers join us on our 100+ mile romp through twisting, plunging, lightly travelled back roads of the scenic Laurel Highlands region. You can find details & photos of last year's Tour linked to the PVGP website (www.pvgp.org). Just click on Race Week Events, then click on Countryside Tour. There are also some event photos (some with my 02 featured) shown on the link to photographer Matt Little. To access them, you have to click on "media", then "photographers", then "Matt Little".

For 2014, my 2002A will get it's speedo sent out to N. Hollywood for a rebuild. It will also get some new suspension bushings and anything else it needs to keep it as original and reliable.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Say "Hi" to Wayne Carini for me!  I bumped into him in Carmel, Calif. one year.  It was before the Pebble Beach Concours when the vintage cars parade south to Big Sur, circle back, park & display in Carmel and then head north to Pebble Beach.  He was busy, so I didn't bug him, but it was interesting to have him talking about a classic car a few feet from me.  Funny, but that day, I was mistaken for the owner of an Isetta 600. I started answering questions about it and had a hard time leaving due to all the questions & interest in it...

I've seen Wayne at Lime Rock. Here he is after he looked at Vern. Told him they needed to feature more BMWs on the show along with the great subculture of 2002s and E9s. That white '02 in the background is/was Yale Rachlin's Tii.

post-38744-0-87243500-1386944766_thumb.j

Edited by adawil2002

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Andrew, I hope that, when you come to Pittsburgh for PVGP, you will consider joining us on PVGP's Countryside Tour (held on Thursday of Race Week). Participation is limited to 30 cars (we may allow a few more, if our sponsor can accommodate us) and we had only one 02, last year (mine), which was a 100% increase from the first year of the Tour.

Was the the PGVP in 2011 and went on the tour up to Morraine State Park and ripping down 528 into my old hometown of Evans City, Vern was the only '02. I have family and friends there in Pgh so it's a great time. Yes I would definitely do the tour.

Is the VIN of your 2002A 2534016 or 2532945, if so I owned between it 1989-1994.

post-38744-0-26109400-1386945469_thumb.j

post-38744-0-34516000-1386945034_thumb.j

Edited by adawil2002

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Was the the PGVP in 2011 and went on the tour up to Morraine State Park and ripping down 528 into my old hometown of Evans City, Vern was the only '02. I have family and friends there in Pgh so it's a great time. Yes I would definitely do the tour.

Is the VIN of your 2002A 2534016 or 2532945, if so I owned between it 1989-1994.

Andrew,

Yes, our local BMW club will also be doing their normal, excellent job of hosting some events for visiting BMW owners. Countryside Tour, however, is separate from the BMW club events and is open to 30 (I'm going to lobby for 5 more cars, if I can find a couple more tour group leaders....we travel in groups of 3 or 4 cars....and if our sponsor can find more space in his dining room)classic cars of various makes & nationalities.

No, my 2002A was purchased new in late Feb or early March of '72 by my late father and has been with us ever since. It's the Tundra green one with the alloy wheels that you've probably seen in the BMW area on Race Day in previous years.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

1.  Get Lucas fuel treatment in all the '02's, well except the non-running parts car!

2.  Start the driving season earlier so I can get all the tanks emptied & re-fuel with Sunoco 93!

2.  Install SS brake lines on Hugo ('72tii)

3.  Get a nice set of wheel dollies so I can move Atlantik ('73tii) around in the garage easier!  Those puppies are expensive!

4.  Change oil & filters, fuel filters, coolant, brake fluid in all '02's.

5.  Drive an '02 to the Hershey Hill Climb in the Spring!

6.  Drive more!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Get the bottom end back from the machine shop

Assemble

Paint Stuff

Do lot of little things

Clean EVERYTHING in the engine bay

Install 5 speed

Go have fun!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

3.  Get a nice set of wheel dollies so I can move Atlantik ('73tii) around in the garage easier!  Those puppies are expensive!

Yes, those dollies are lovely, but I've found that the Harbor Freight furniture dollies (usually on sale for $7.95 ea.) will work just as well under a light car like the 02, provided your floor is smooth and clean.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

I  plan on pursueing another SCCA NorthPac. championship with my 1602 in H production.  G

Ideally, convert the EP car to FP and try to keep up with Gordon.  Who was going to stop racing when he retired.  2 years ago, now?

Practically speaking, race the E30, finish other projects car, garage and house related.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I'd go that route as long as the wheels aren't steel....my floor is tan epoxy and steel wheels will leave marks.....if it was just an old concrete finish I wouldn't worry about it.  I current;y have dollies from Eastwood that have the hard compound black wheels (non-marking) but the wheels are too wide making maneuvering the car around by myself too difficult.

Yes, those dollies are lovely, but I've found that the Harbor Freight furniture dollies (usually on sale for $7.95 ea.) will work just as well under a light car like the 02, provided your floor is smooth and clean.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"