• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 1968 1600-2

Joshie1600-2

Reasonably straight and original 1600 which I rescued from my Aunt's back yard. In order to make it road worthy I replaced the front brake calipers with 320i units, new rear wheel cylinders, overhauled the carburetor, replaced the rear axle boots and installed new wheels and tires. The car drives well and everything works except the dome light and radio. The bumper is in the trunk and looks pretty good. I don't know why it was removed. There are a couple small rust holes in the spare tire well and one in the front valance. There is some bubbling around the wheel arches, but the floors and shock towers are solid. The seats are in good shape, but the back seat upholstery is dry and brittle. The front seats were covered for most of their lives. New seat belts at all 4 corners. Originally there were 1967 dated GM belts in the front only and they were trashed. I had considered turning this into a race car, but most here will appreciate that I did not. I bought a prepared race car instead and that is where my time and money will be going. I am not in a hurry to sell and have been driving the car to work and on errands. I believe the nearly 68k miles is original, but time has taken its toll on the door seals, visors and other soft parts. You really should have a look to see what your money will buy, but I will respond to requests for pictures from those not in the area. The 1600cc engine was replaced at some point with a 2 liter from a 1968 BMW 2002.

More pictures on Craigslist.

Location: Portland, Oregon, USA<br />Year: 1968<br />Make: BMW<br />Model: 1600-2<br />Body and Interior: No mods, fair original condition.<br />Engine and Drivetrain: 2 liter, stock.<br />Suspension, Brakes: 320i front calipers, 15x7" wheels and 195/55R15 tires.<br />

Joshua Skinner

car nut, telecom tech, tool using mammal

Early '68, 1600