• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E9 Front Seats In An '02?

70deluxe

A buddy of mine just offered me two front seats from an e9.  They are leather, have the original horse hair and are a 8.5 out of 10 in terms of condition.  I might even put them at 9.  They are good looking and in excellent shape. 

After a cursory attempt at installing them in my '02, it doesn't look like they're going to fit--too wide. 

Has anybody successfully made these work in an '02 with a custom bracket, etc. without MAJOR reworking?  Or should I just give up on the idea?

Also, do these seats have a particular name or style or are they just commonly referred to as e9 seats?

I also did a search for e9 seats and cs seats without much luck; however, i'm sure Marshall will probably prove me wrong.  I did try...

Thanks 

Pictures below. 

post-45038-0-05040900-1387520349_thumb.j

post-45038-0-85368600-1387520376_thumb.j

post-45038-0-87447700-1387520417_thumb.j

post-45038-0-33641300-1387520424_thumb.j

Edited by 70deluxe

I know that the E9 seats are wider than stock 2002 seats.  Because those seats have the horizontal pleats, they are from a '74 or later E9.  Let me know if you would be interested in selling them or working out some type of trade.  They would be nice in my '74 3.0 csi.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Would be very cool if they did work. E9 seats are very comfortable if the front is raised 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Would expect they'd be close to the same bolt pattern, though E9s are 5 times more complicated than a 2002.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I know that the E9 seats are wider than stock 2002 seats.  Because those seats have the horizontal pleats, they are from a '74 or later E9.  Let me know if you would be interested in selling them or working out some type of trade.  They would be nice in my '74 3.0 csi.

JohnS,

I am open/considering offers.  In the end I'd like to end up with a new pair of seats so either a trade + $ or sell them for enough to purchase something else.

If all else fails, I'll just put them up on eBay. 

John,

The horizontal pleats start too low on the backrest and are too narrow, they don't look right. Listed on Craigslist in San Diego, probably done south of the border.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

John,

The horizontal pleats start too low on the backrest and are too narrow, they don't look right. Listed on Craigslist in San Diego, probably done south of the border.

Chris

"Probably done south of the border."  What does that mean?  Cause you'd never get work done that was not to original specs north of the border.  Those Mexicans... 

The seats came out of an E9 that was restored.  The new owner put in some racing/bucket seats and left these behind for the shop to sell.  At some point they were likely recovered because they're in too good of shape for 40 year old leather.  They still have the horse hair stuffing.  I guess they might not be exactly to spec but they're very nice leather seats.  I wish they fit in my '02. 

Please don't jump to conclusions. South of the border refers to not knowing what is original or not, nothing else. They don't look bad but are not correct for an e9 owner who wants something correct for a 74 with horizontal pleats.

Edited by HBChris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix