• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Paint Opinion Question

fsf517

I have a '76 and went through a similar process last year. Body work & paint. My feelings with my car are that it's never going to be worth enough to worry about original color...(not just 76's)  It's a car to enjoy. Paint whatever color appeals to you - drive it and enjoy it.

The original color of mine was actually Pastel Blue.

Good luck & have fun with it-

Scott

post-33489-0-49490900-1388068128_thumb.j

post-33489-0-97639700-1388068288_thumb.j

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I have a '76 and went through a similar process last year. Body work & paint. My feelings with my car are that it's never going to be worth enough to worry about original color...(not just 76's)  It's a car to enjoy. Paint whatever color appeals to you - drive it and enjoy it.

Scott

+1

2xM3

Anyone, where do you find a set of beltline for 3 benjamins, put me down for 2 sets if so

+1.....My thoughts exactly!  It's been awhile since I bought my trim but $300 sounds like a great deal to me!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I think the belt line chrome trim really sets off the 2002 body, and I bought a new set for the (then) exorbitant price of $300 back in 2002 for my car.  But $800?  Man, at that price I'd think long and hard about the stick-on stuff.  Plus, then you wouldn't have to worry about rust in all the mounting holes.

Edited by Ian

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT