• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello!

76oh2

Hey guys! Im new here and just wanted to just say hi. A little about myself, I have a 1976 02. I have a lot of experience working on Porsches, mostly 911s. I work at Kundensport in Southern California. Its a restoration shop specializing in Porsches both street-legal and racing. 

post-46467-0-90702300-1388466372_thumb.j

I'll definitely start a build thread soon. It will feature a lot of stuff from Ireland Engineering!  :lol:

Dont all of our cars?! I know this Andrew guy has single handedly taken my whole weeks paycheck at once! :o But I still love him :lol: (Also congrats on the new little tike Andre!)

Welcome aboard mate! Enjoy the ride and have fun!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Like those front foglight mounts--looks like you took advantage of the big bumper mount holes to fabricate brackets for your lamps.  Post a closeup of the mount when you have time...

And welcome to the fraternity/sorority--lotsa nice folks and good advice on the board.

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Like those front foglight mounts--looks like you took advantage of the big bumper mount holes to fabricate brackets for your lamps.  Post a closeup of the mount when you have time...

And welcome to the fraternity/sorority--lotsa nice folks and good advice on the board.

mike

Actually I patched up the holes then made those aluminum brackets. They are quite simple actually. I will take a few pics tomorrow for sure. Also, I will start a build thread for my car. I have been working on it/modifying it on-and-off for about 2 years now and the car is my daily driver. But I have a lot of pics of the things my father and I did to the car, there are a couple cool one-off things on it. Anyways its my first car (I'm 17, almost 18) and has been in my family pretty much since it was new. Was my mom's in high school, then my grandpa kept it, then he finally gave the car to me. It has gone a loooonggg way let me tell you!  ^_^

Just a quick update, I started a project blog for my car titled Not Bad For a First Car. I will be posting pictures and information on the work i have done and will do in the future on the car. There are still a lot of things I need to post on it to get the car fully up to date, but it has a few good pictures and some info already. http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/79-not-bad-for-a-first-car/

Im very glad there are communities like this where experience can be shared and where everyone has the same sort of passion for these cars.