• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002Tii

Gordon

Not mine, no affiliation, etc....

You would think if the seller would ask $15K for the car, they would at least post some pics.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4274790072.html

Contact the seller for more info

G-Man

Year: 1972

Make: BMW

Model: 2002tii

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Updated info on this car, Chris76M2 sent me a PM saying that the seller sent him some pics of the title and the car (72 tii in Richmond, VA).  The VIN is 2579254 so obviously this car is not a tii as the Craigslist ad states. I have not seen the car, I can't speak for it one way or another. If this car has a tii motor, that does not make it a tii. I have one thing to say when buying a used car, Caveat Emptor! For more info, send Chris a PM.

G-Man

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone look at this car?  I am driving through the area on Wed/Thur.  Owner seems unwilling to negotiate below listed price of $13,500 and does not have quality pics.

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1974 Porsche 911 | 1989 Mustang GT | 1995 Porsche 911 | 2017 Porsche 911 | Always in Search of a BMW 2002 

• 1 year later...

It appears this car is back on the market again. Based on the comments from when this car sold back in 2014, it looks like it's not really a Tii. would anyone venture to estimate it's true value, given it's not a Tii. the VIN number is 2579254, which I can't identify as a 2002 from any decoders out there. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be great. Thanks, Jeff

It appears this car is back on the market again. Based on the comments from when this car sold back in 2014, it looks like it's not really a Tii. would anyone venture to estimate it's true value, given it's not a Tii. the VIN number is 2579254, which I can't identify as a 2002 from any decoders out there. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be great. Thanks, Jeff

The only VIN decoder worth its salt for '02s is the decoder operated by the BMW 2002 Club of Columbia:

http://www.bmwclasicos.com/vin.php

So..., VIN 2579254 was manufactured in the April to December 1971 time range. If built before August 1971, it's a late 1971 model; if built after August 1971, it's an early 1972 model. It's a U.S. model, originally equipped with a manual transmission.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Certainly not the current asking price of 16,750. I would venture its "south" of half that for a going hodgepodge of projectdom that will never have the pedigree of the "north of $40k," plasticine restored tii cars . Good luck with purchase.