• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unidentified Jet On Weber 32/36

adavis

Idle mixture adjusts mix of air and fuel at low end, idle adjustment sets idle speed. As I recall, you set to default positions, then you adjust mixture first.

Idle mixture adjusts mix of air and fuel at low end, idle adjustment sets idle speed. As I recall, you set to default positions, then you adjust mixture first.

Not having run a carb in 7 years, but that looks to be the fast idle speed when the choke is on and the fast idle cam is in contact with that screw.  Open the throttle a bit and finger close the choke plate the fast idle cam should rest on that screw.  Use it to set the fast idle speed when the choke is on.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I thought the fast idle screw was behind the choke.  The guy I bought the car from called the screw circle in red the idle adjustment, and screwing it in a bunch helped me pass emissions.  But I want to adjust properly now that the carb is cleaned up.

What car did it come from, or is it generic?

I know on the newer DCOE models there is an extra air screw on each barrel for adjusting base idle settings if there are big differences. The default setting is closed. If all else fails, twiddle with those. Not sure if that is the purpose on your model, but it feeds primary side, so could be. How did it run in the emissions position?.

I just got the car a few months ago and this is what came with it.  The specific model is 32/36 DGAV-33B-1.  It is made in Spain.  That's a good question on if it is the model for the 2002.  I'm not sure yet. 

It did pass with the screw most the way in, but the guy I bought it from had them out pretty far.  I didn't adjust the idle mixture when adjusting the mystery screw.  So now I wonder if I should back this screw out and turn in the idle mixture.  I wish I knew what this thing does.