• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torque Values For Water Pump

schoir

FYI, original torque specs document was missing torque values for water pump securing bolts and front subframe (crossmember) to car chassis. The values that I posted for the two parts in last couple of days were taken out of Haynes (pages 38 & 171)

I sent PM to williamggruff, who is author of this document in Excel format to kindly add torque values for above two parts.

For reference only:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/139641-help-cant-find-the-torque-specs-listing/#entry923258

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/140227-torque-specifications-from-blue-books/?hl=torque+specs

Thanks.

Edited by Buckeye

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

I reviewed the original document again and noticed another item missing is timing cover bolts. It seems there two different size bolts used on timing cover. Haynes manual (page 15) call for the small bolts setting to 6ft/lb and and large ones to 18ft/lb

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

Thanks for the reference materials and the links.  Quite a lot of work went into that spreadsheet and it will prove very useful, over and over.

Although the Haynes manual shows 20 lb/ft for the water pump bolts (page 38), there are four small bolts and three large bolts securing the water pump.

Since the Haynes manual also shows 6 lb/ft for small timing cover bolts and 18 lb/ft for large timing cover bolts (page 15), I'm going to go with the 6 lb/ft spec for the four small water pump bolts and 18-20 lb/ft for the three large water pump bolts.

I like the guttentite method too, but I like general guidance because of the sensitive nature of aluminum threads.

Regards, Maurice.