• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakes

Desiderio

Leaking when changed the rear tire .? Brakes ! How much and what's the best 72 2002 ? Ps how long is this job take? Thanks man !! Dez. Happy day

Edited by DEZ
DEZ                                  file://localhost/Users/desi/Desktop/bmw-snow-singniture.jpg

Sorry I got a big hand and fingers and I'm on an iPhone with failing eye sight !

I took my rear tire off and I noticed a leaking of break fluid , I have been told by the experts that I need to fix that. I said what , they said vaguely the cylinder. Like you I said could you repeat that in English ? He said come back later he was too busy.

My mechanic is good and new.

Now what kind of a job is this in terms of time, witch is money ? And I would project I would buy 2 wheels worth .

So where would I get them , in terms of the best named part .

Now I want you to know that I really can't see now and my wrist feels like it's going to fall off.

If you were to read between the lines of my previous non English ? You would see that I have said the same thing . In stead I feel as if I'm talking to someone whom does not understand cars ? Dez

DEZ                                  file://localhost/Users/desi/Desktop/bmw-snow-singniture.jpg

A respectful reply will get you further, rather than accuse Marshall I not knowing what he is talking about. I didn't understand what you said the first time either.

That being said, it sounds like you need new brake cylinders on the back. I like to get parts from Bluntech.com. It doesn't take more than an hour to change I everything goes smooth. Do not strip the fitting that goes into the cylinder.

Your mechanic will charge what he charges...

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

PS. unless you have a well insulated (and heated) garage, let your mechanic do this job.  It's not hard but rusty parts can cause a few problems.  Most of the 2002 manuals will have the details.  The blizzard and single digit temperatures are definitely not ideal  '02 weather. :-)

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

Well, half an hour if the bolts and brake line come out after 40 years of bliss. Easy to twist brake line if fitting isn't teased out. Then the other end has to come out. Plus he should do both sides. And if its been leaking, chances are the shoes are compromised. If it were me, I'd be prepared for some scope creep.

Sorry I got a big hand and fingers and I'm on an iPhone with failing eye sight !

I took my rear tire off and I noticed a leaking of break fluid , I have been told by the experts that I need to fix that. I said what , they said vaguely the cylinder. Like you I said could you repeat that in English ? He said come back later he was too busy.

Now what kind of a job is this in terms of time, witch is money ? And I would project I would buy 2 wheels worth .

Now I want you to know that I really can't see now and my wrist feels like it's going to fall off.

If you were to read between the lines of my previous non English ? You would see that I have said the same thing . In stead I feel as if I'm talking to someone whom does not understand cars ? Dez

..........you must keep the ladies happy - heh heh heh

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

post-42320-0-37187600-1390407594.jpg

Ryan

'75 Pastellblau "ol blue"

Wow.... 

74 tii
"I know just enough to be dangerous"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1390486796.434740.jpgI promise to speak in paragraphs next time to ensure to the world that I am indeed a proud American

So...he does speak English! Missing two commas and a period but a 10,000% improvement over the original post. Much appreciated, Des, or is it DEZ!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I did both my rear cylinders at my boss' garage in L.A.  I was living in an apartment back then and couldn't make a mess in the parking lot.  Don't be cheap, either.  Put on new shoes while it's all opened up.

It took me about 3 hours with no air tools.  I went slow and I also wire wheeled and painted the drums.  Have a vacuum bleeder handy and flush the whole system while you are  at it.  Fresh brake fluid works wonders.

Jose